P0015 error code

RichD

Car
Mini Cooper 1.5
Hi all,

I’m new to the community after just purchasing a 2015 Mini Cooper 1.5 turbo (B38 engine)
I need some advice regarding error codes please

“P0015 exhaust camshaft position timing-over-retarded”
“P0300 random multiple cylinder misfire detected”
“P0301,P0302,P0303”
“P1339p13c9
Any advice would be very much appreciated

I hope these pointers will at least get you looking in the right direction.​

My overall gut feeling is the cam chain/belt or tensioner is running slack pushing out the timing, but without seeing a car it is really hard to guess.

The first thing I would do is pull up the error reports for each code an look for common problems, but of course there can often be more than one problem at a time.

P13C9 is a diagnostic code related to the Exhaust Camshaft timing adjustment

P1339 indicates a problem with the Glow Plug 2 circuit.

P0015: Exhaust Camshaft Position Timing - Over-Retarded​

This error code indicates that the exhaust camshaft timing is more delayed than what the engine management system intends. It's a sign that the camshaft is not aligning correctly with the crankshaft timing. This could be due to a variety of issues, including:

• A stretched timing chain or belt
  • Worn timing components
  • Faulty camshaft actuator or solenoid
  • Oil flow problems affecting the camshaft timing adjustment
Addressing this issue usually involves checking the timing chain or belt for wear and ensuring that the camshaft actuators are functioning properly. Also, ensure the engine oil level is correct and the oil is of the right specification, as poor oil flow can affect timing.

P0300: Random Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected​

This code means the engine is experiencing misfires in multiple cylinders at random. Misfires can lead to a lack of power, increased emissions, or an uneven idle. Possible causes include:

• Faulty coil packs
  • Vacuum leaks
  • Fuel delivery issues (fuel pump or injectors)
  • It could also be related to other random engine problems
For this, checking and replacing spark plugs or coil packs if they are old or faulty is a good start. Also, inspect for any vacuum leaks and ensure the fuel system is delivering fuel properly.

P0301, P0302, P0303​

These codes are more specific versions of the P0300 code, indicating misfires in cylinders 1, 2, and 3, respectively. This further suggests that the misfire issue is affecting multiple cylinders, reinforcing the need to check the ignition and fuel systems, as well as for vacuum leaks or mechanical issues.

I hope this helps and gives you some idea on where to look.​

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back