Opel Astra '94 1.4 mk3 minimum tuning & styling tips

KingSean

Car
Opel Astra 1.4i MK3
hi there! I need help on wat to do to make ma old opel astra 1.4i perform & look better without spending a fortune(say 500usd). Thanx in advanz!

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)

I am unable to help you with your question directly, but hopefully somebody can point you in the right direction for the knowledge that you seek!

Good luck! :)

It's injected then.
"1.4i"
If you start by sourcing some parts second hand (if possible)
Like extractors and Cold air intake (or better still make them, at least the cold air induction would be easy enough!!)

Once thats done you could look into the ECU for tuning.
I take it Ghana would be HOT. Thats why I suggest the CAI (cold air intake)
What skills do you have. Can you acheive any of it yourself?

Do you know the engine code? If it's x14xe you can get big gains by replacing the restrictive inlet manifold. This is the starting point for any mods on these engines. I'm not sure if this engine goes back to 94 though

tcsmileysign.gif

Hi there, thanx for ur responce. unfortunately am all new to the world of cars...this is actually ma 1st car. so i guess u`ll have to gimme more tips on what to do and get to ma car. hope to hear from you soon.

Tbh you could spend a fortune getting 5 or 10 more bhp and it'd not make much difference. Why not get some good experience by giving the engine a proper going over, oil and plugs and filters and all. Sort the suspension and brakes out and then do some styling to make it yours. Then when you get a more powerful car you'll know what to do to fettle it.

Just my tuppence worth.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back