ooop's

herb

modherbrator
Car
Seat Leon Cupra
i just degreased and started masking up my calipers ready to nitro mors when i realised part of the gaffer tape was lifting so i peeled it back and i realised i have cut into the piston rubber on 3 of the 8 pistons:sad2:
so ill need to replace them i have done a quick google for a service kit but nothing really comes up for the rubber replacement. am i searching for the wrong thing?? if so what would i search for for the replacement rubbers??

any help appreciated!!!

Ouch! I feel your pain herb. Are the brakes OEM or aftermarket? Not sure about a service kit but you could try rebuild kit or brake restoration kit in the search instead and see what comes up! Good luck buddy :)

Ouch! I feel your pain herb. Are the brakes OEM or aftermarket? Not sure about a service kit but you could try rebuild kit or brake restoration kit in the search instead and see what comes up! Good luck buddy :)
they are aftermarket brembo's
after quite a bit of goggling i have found what i needed to search for was a fluid seal quite expensive really for a bit of rubber at £11 each before postage. suppose its 1 of those live and learn (never do it again) situations!

but cheers for your input mate it was much appreciated!!!!:bigsmile:

ouch !!!
is nitromors suitable for aluminium ?

I've used it on aluminium numerous times before with no adverse affects;)

while your on mate just curious did you ever have trouble removing the pins that hold the pads in??

yeah they rusted up like made in no time. i used to used a small tapered pin and a hammer.
pushed the spring clip in and held the taper pin against the retaining ping and gently tap it. as soon as it was clear of the caliper then they just slid out while the spring was held in.

1st time i even sat with grades of wet and dry from 600 - 3000 and a drill to mirror polish them but within a week they were corroding back up.

just dont lose the little r clips as i couldnt find replacements anywhere when i dropped one, good hour of hunting to find it again

good to know it wasnt just me then!!
think when i put them back on ill use some copper grease that will hopefully solve the issue

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back