ooh errr adrien flux

steve09

Track Warrior
Car
Honda NSR 125R
I just rung up adrien flux for a quote on a pug 306 2.0L HDI(first car btw)
standard the quote was 1398 (no Modifications just bog standard)
the bloke on the phone said do you want me to stick on a few mod an see what it comes out to ? so i said yeah why not.
he came back to me for a quote with a full bodykit with spoiler, alloys and uprated suspersion.

ooooh errrr
if anyones planning any Modifications give them a ring... you might be plesantly suprised
I was :)

oh an say your a member of torquecars :p get 10% off

oh an does anyone know somewere i can get deep dish alloys from? the wider sort for wider tires?

Last edited:
Crazy but I guess if you are spending money on your car they figure you are going to look after it more. ;) I doubt if engine mods would make it cheaper?

the bloke on the phone said as long as your not doing anything major to the engine like wacking a hoofing great turbo on it, it wont really matter that much to the price. not too sure about a remap but i think it would push the price up a bit.

how old are if you dont mind me asking cause the lad i work with is paying £2000+ for a 1.2 corsa and he's 19

oh an say your a member of torquecars :p get 10% off.

I'm pretty sure I posted this somewhere else on the site...but it's a great deal they give customers sometimes. Max Power done a study and found that Adrian Flux were the only company to lower the price on modded cars...everyone else just boosted the price up extortionately! Even things like brake upgrades push up insurance! Apparently better brakes means that the driver will feel the can stop easier and will therefore drive faster!!

how old are if you dont mind me asking cause the lad i work with is paying £2000+ for a 1.2 corsa and he's 19

im 21 so gone thro the first of the insurance lowering.

as for what hdi said... its not that bad... as i got a quote for a 1.4 mk2 astra that was 1600 a while ago.
i dont think its that bad as its a first car and a 2 litre

Perhaps one strike and out would be slighty fairer. Let's say The premium for you is £800 but the insurer takes an £800 deposit during the first year. They can then invest this in the same was as they would with full premium but if you're clean after twelve months then they use that £800 to pay for your second year's cover.

It would be a good incentive to new drivers to take extra care whilst learning the official and unofficial rules of the road.

And if your 2nd years cover is cheaper than £800 then give you back the difference.

I had a bad experience with flux. I needed to change my car, as it had died, 3 months into the policy. They wanted 3 times as much for my new car, which was similar spec. Ended up having to pay a full years premium for 3 months insurance.

I'm so glad I'm on a traders policy now, I save over 2000 a year on my BMW, never mind any of my other cars. Rock on!!

There is always a catch with cheap insurance. It is a shame they couldn't offer competative cover for the new car but I hear this quite a lot from people its not just AF although most will offer a bit of a refund.

see thats exactly it wayne. the way that adrian flux finance the insurance for you - is to effectivly take out a loan in your name - from a third party company - which means that even though they will cancel your policy - they cannot cancel your loan.

One of the very few advantages of getting older:
With Adrian Flux - 600bhp Lotus Elan (when finished :-( ) - £563 FC.
With anyone else (including all of the so called performance insurers at the back of the go-faster mags - Not interested.

yeah thats like mine, im on £700 a year (28 yrs old) for my trade policy, and 2 of my cars on the policy are the same insurance group as the elan (20+). £2450 was my cheapest quote for just one of the BMW's.

Flux dont take out a loan if your paying it all up front, but I cant afford to do that.

Yay, Hayley1's back.

Yep, you girlies do seem to get good deals on insurance for the most part. I think that us blokes are subject to insurance premiums (premia??) that are loaded, not because we make more claims on the whole (and I'm not sure we make less either), but because when we do make a claim the accident has been a biggie and costs several thousands to sort out.

Yup - we do it BIG STYLE. Statistically ladies tend to have more accidents but they are much smaller, usually just wing mirrors and scuffed bumpers.

I'm a firm believer that if you tell your wife/or woman in general she is a bad driver this is what she will become.

I can honestly say though that my wife is an excellent driver and she can maintain a constant speed (dead on 70) for hours wheras I tend to drift around 70.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back