Obd ii

feingreth

Tuner
Car
Ford Focus 1.8 TDCi
Hey guys, can anyone tell me if there are any tools (hardware) out there that I can buy and are <300$ that can offer good performance as a diagnostic tool (or more than that) compatible with computers.

Any OBDii to serial cable should do it in theory, and yes you can get the software separately.

It is best to get them together though just incase you have a faulty cable or duff software - it stops one from blaming the other. You usually get a better price when you buy them together as well and you are pretty much guaranteed compatibility.

So I got the stuff for the OBD II from palmer performence. I got the ELM-5 cip with the program. but it doesn't have anything to program the ECU. Can anybody tell me where I can get a program, compatibile with the elm-5, with which I can tinker with my ECU.

Try the OPENECU project they might have something for your car. Do Palmer offer any additional software for doing this?

Can someone tell me of a program which can read the ecu maps? I found programs which can edit them but I am having problems in finding a program that can read them in the first place so I can have something to modify!!!
Please help.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back