Not good enough!!!!!

Just been watching it on the morning news, it's absolutely ridiculous! Toyota need to be made more accountable for this latest fiasco.

I disagree. They have admitted that there are a couple of problems and have taken immediate steps to rectify them. I can recall a few instances where other, non Japanese companies, have denied that there was a problem and resisted taking action until they were forced to do so. I think Toyota have acted very quickly and properly.

Also, these models aren't in production anymore so it has taken a while for the faults to appear. I can think of certain companies, based on recent history, that would claim this is normal wear and tear and charge for any repairs!

On a more positive note, just think how lucky we are that Microsoft doesn't make cars! :)

Last edited:
Well OG it took 400 plus customers to report the issues before Toyota decided to act upon it, poor customer service and response by them in any language!

Faults will ALWAYS happen. It's how you deal with them that is important. Toyota deal with them way better than other manufacturers.

There may have been 400 complaints, but that isn't very many compared to the number of cars sold and being recalled to rectify these particular faults (2.7 million) - in fact it is 0.0148% which is statiscially insignificant!

Last edited:
I disagree. They have admitted that there are a couple of problems and have taken immediate steps to rectify them. I can recall a few instances where other, non Japanese companies, have denied that there was a problem and resisted taking action until they were forced to do so. I think Toyota have acted very quickly and properly.

Also, these models aren't in production anymore so it has taken a while for the faults to appear. I can think of certain companies, based on recent history, that would claim this is normal wear and tear and charge for any repairs!

On a more positive note, just think how lucky we are that Microsoft doesn't make cars! :)
it took watchdogs report before BMW admitted that their first minis were faulty and recalled some of them and that fault caused some to catch fire

also, dont forget that some recalls are not made too public so we wont hear about them on a grand scale. i dont know about other manufacturers but mitsubishi have an online recall status checker so armed with your chassis number, you can see whether or not there are outstanding recall repairs to be carried out and they will still honour them even on a 15 year old car. fair play to them

my wife had a some bushes replaced under a recall by toyota during her service last year. but they also changed the 2 front tyres (with her permission) cause of inner wear at a price of £150
but upon questioning by me they did admit the inner wear was caused by the faulty bushes and refunded the wife the £150. a bit sly but at least they did refund her

I've known Some large companies who are rumoured to have chosen to ignore a life threatening fault as it was cheaper to pay compensation to the relatively few victims than pay for a full recall and fix. So whilst their reputation for quality and reliability is somewhat tarnished, they are acting in a responsible manner.

I've known Some large companies who are rumoured to have chosen to ignore a life threatening fault as it was cheaper to pay compensation to the relatively few victims than pay for a full recall and fix. So whilst their reputation for quality and reliability is somewhat tarnished, they are acting in a responsible manner.
puegeot??