Noob question

Davidline

Wrench Pro
Car
Mitsubishi ES Galan
I have a pretty noob question, considering I barely know anything.

My 1995 Galant ES is quite old by now, and the original guy didn't do anything to it, except make a rust hole :amazed: should teach him to take care of a car atleast >.>.

Well I noticed the car is quite low, actually I'm kinda feeling soon the suspension will give out, now I understand lowering the car gives you better cornering lowering the G thingy thingy point xD but you get the idea, but if it does that because of old age would it mean I should fix it up somehow and then lower it or just keep like that?

Edit: Second question is usually when I go to around 20-30 it gives off this wierd prolonging sound from the rear wheels, I asked a friend and my dad, said something about the airbags, does that mean I should get them changed?

Last edited:
lowering the centre of gravity will give better handling to a point. problem is that the standard worn shocks and springs will stretch more as you turn into the corner. so no i wouldnt leave it like that.

2nd uestion what does the sound sound like ? pads sticking to discs - burning brakes. wheel bearings

Thx for the reply.

Hmm as soon as I will get some money together I'll start working on that suspension.

As far as the rear wheels ago I think it's a between with pads sticking/burning brakes. I am also planning to switch the brake pads pretty soon so I am starting to read/watch about that, any tips would help me greatly though. Which rounds up to 160-180 Hp

I've also been wondering for now, as I am not able to find any specifics about my galant, have to find it later...but does anybody know what's the exact name of the '95 ES Galant? I know it's a rev of around 3000 for a stock.

Last edited: