Noo B Say'n Hello...

Hello!
029.gif

Thanks for the welcome people.
It was late last night when i decided to join
and probably didn't elaborate much (Tired Eyes) :blink1:.

Anyways, could you offer some advice on the following mods.

Stainless Steel Exhaust System (Cat Back)
Possible Sport Cat Replacement
Induction Kit as opposed to simply replacing the existing air filter
Uprated Big Brake Kit from Stoptech
Coilover Suspension Units

Any pointers in the right direction greatly appreciated.

CHEERS... :D

Hi and welcome to TorqueCars, sorry I'm a bit late to the party! I've been pulling some silly hours moving to a new server!

Anyhoo I'm back! It's good to have you along. The brakes would be the first mod I would do, the standard brakes don't seem to cut it on the Gallants (at least on the older ones).

Thanks for the replies.

Did a little research on the interweb and found 2 places close to my location that can outfit my vehicle with a Stainless Exhaust System (Cat Back) :) :)

QUESTION... Do I stick with the above mentioned mod or try to replace the existing Cat with a sport model at the same time :confused: :confused:.??? Are there any real world advantages to be gained from doing this.???

Hi Yaa Waynne.

The back braking system needed replaced at time of purchase. Thus far I have replaced both calipers with standard re-manufactured units, upgraded the worn discs with the Black Diamond Grooved variant and matched these with Black Diamond Predator Pads.

The front braking system is fine at the moment and has the 276mm Dia vented front discs as opposed to the 256mm Dia of the older models.

However I am considering upgrading the front discs to Tarox G88s, keeping the existing (cleaned up) front calipers and matching them to a branded fast road pad.

I had considered a 4 pot Big Brake upgrade for the front of this vehicle but am having trouble sourcing a suitable kit :sad2: :sad2:.

Any comments or pointers in the right direction gratefully appreciated.

if you have no emission issue then a sports cat will give another small gain, but not much to be honest.

are the hubs swapable with the EVO setup this would allow you to fit the brembo setup from them

Try DBA brakes, they won't crack with heat and fall apart like black diamonds or tarox.
Be very careful when using certain franchised exhaust companies. I have seen loads of them on the ramps and their quality is extremely poor. They may well look good at the tailpipe and even sound nice but in most cases, that's where it ends.
Most longlife centres are reasonably good, in fact they're excellent in comparisson to another well regarded company who are ??????

Try DBA brakes, they won't crack with heat and fall apart like black diamonds or tarox.
Be very careful when using certain franchised exhaust companies. I have seen loads of them on the ramps and their quality is extremely poor. They may well look good at the tailpipe and even sound nice but in most cases, that's where it ends.
Most longlife centres are reasonably good, in fact they're excellent in comparisson to another well regarded company who are ??????

Begins with power and ends with flow. As said, franchise so can be a bit hit and miss. Also seen some poor systems from them.

I think (you'll have to check) the Evo VI brakes fit. They're 4-pot Brembos.

Thanks for the replies.

Have noted the warnings on franchised companies. Could anyone point me in the direction of a quality producer and fitter of stainless exhaust systems Plz.???

Will do a bit of research on the Braking Information.... Cheers :)

Last edited:
Have a chat with Simon Norris at Norris deisgns re brakes. You might find that the Evo brakes will fit. Check the stud pattern, pcd and offset etc.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back