Newcomer: Big Alfa fan ;~) from S.Wales UK

Billiam

Car
3.0 GTV 2.0 156 JTS
New to the forum, not exactly new to cars ! So wanted to say hello and just make a post about my Alfas past and present:

Had a 2001 Alfa 156 TS 1.8 Veloce. Black with Tan leather (of course!) and to this day just because id say it was my first "real" car - i will never forget just how much i loved it !! Even named her Naomi (i moan backwards!) because of that now distinctive Alfa rumble you get from behind the wheel. And how it was pure luck that brought us together !

Secondly i dipped more than my toe, had my 156 for almost a year and had a few issues so i decided to buy German for a while. But a few years later when i bought a wonderful 1999 164 3.0 V6 Super. Sadly i did make some sacrifices, it was an auto but hey i loved it none the less. But if you put chrome pipes under the bonnet on your V6's as STANDARD then that warrants me to tip my hat to you, Alfa Romeo; and purchase your vehicles! hahaha sorry, its late. I will never forget driving that car home, about 100mile drive, with some detours and long way rounds to thoroughly test the car after blowing all my cash on it and only having like 20 pounds to fund fuel home, it was destined to break down, running out of fuel ESPECIALLY when you got an engine like that powering your front wheels !! The torque steer bordered on hilarity but it oozed charm, charecter even ! Really was a barrel of laughs that car, good times ! But after 6 great months with it - i couldnt afford to keep it, especially with insurance at my age (currently mid 20s).

So after a good few years i took the plunge and bought a facelift 156 2.0 JTS and it is a great car... when its working properly ! lol it does suffer alot more niggles than the TS engine but its still a 156 and as anyone whos owned one can tell you - their a cracking drive ! But before it i had a 3.0 Brabus Merc and found myself missing the speed so i decided to buy another Alfa but a stunning GTV coupé... the Busso 3.0 V6 is amazing and frankly so is the car ! I have the Q2 diff and it handles wonderfully, the power is immediate (i have pinged off the limiter twice !!) and for a FWD i couldnt believe how good a car it is - a real out and out sports car. Recommend it to anyone :)

Of course both of them constantly need work being Italian.. GTV is currently awaiting a new clutch/gearbox/fly wheel and the 156 is forever eating coilpacks or something lol safe to say my social life for the next 6 months is ruined haha

Sorry its a bit longer read than id hoped but well done if you stuck with it !! Feel free to share fellow car experiences (driving ones!)

Howdo. Had a 156 v6 myself a few years back. Aye they might be dodgy mechanically sometimes but it was so nice to drive, it really had something about it.

Quite fancy a GTV if I didn't need a 4 seat car.

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend :)

Please feel free to have a look around the website, there are many varied and interesting articles to read on all manner of car modifying subjects.
Also, you may find our members project threads and photo gallery very useful as a source of inspiration towards your own very special project!

Good luck to you & I hope you enjoy the forum! :)

Howdo. Had a 156 v6 myself a few years back. Aye they might be dodgy mechanically sometimes but it was so nice to drive, it really had something about it.

Quite fancy a GTV if I didn't need a 4 seat car.

The GTV is an amazing car and you can buy them for peanuts these days !! Want a V6 156 as my daily but need to then take my front end facelift and put that on it.. but id rather sort the GTV first ;)

tcsmileysign.gif

May I as the site admin wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars. It is really nice to meet you and I hope you'll be spending some time with us over the months to come.

You'll find us one of the friendliest and most helpful car tuning forums around.

What plans do you have for your car? I'm sure we can give you lots of ideas and suggestions if you need any.

Do feel free to chip in on our other topics and discussions, we are all here to share our passion for cars. Being friendly and helpful is a forum rule here and I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

What plans do you have for your car? I'm sure we can give you lots of ideas and suggestions if you need any.

Well quite literally the ONLY reason i sign up here was luck. I was looking around at some mods for my GTV and i stumble accross this page http://www.torquecars.com/alfa_romeo/gtv-tuning.php and thought id save it as a nice and easy tick list on improving the car as i go !!

In terms of mods, i wont be going too nuts - if it was a Cup edition, might have gone all out but as it stands il be hoping to fix her up (needs a new cluctch and fly wheel at the moment, so i will also replace the gearbox while im there. Thats the short term problem solved then so i can turn my attention to other things. I will probably have a big service with cam belt done again - just so i can get the up-to-date stamp in the book.

Im not too concerned about power, to add power it costs alot and eventually i will hit a wall where theres just too much power on the front wheels - so i think i will look at braking/suspension first. The car handles amazingly as it is, the Q2 diff is a huge improvement on the front - so with a few mil drop to the floor and some better bushes/shocks/springs - she will start to really come into her own. I havent really made up my mind yet - i do need to sort my 156 as my daily too. Not in need of anything major but i know if i overlook it - it will only get worse/more expensive...

Eventually the plan is to drive the GTV to Italy for the Monza GP (big F1 fan here) and do a lap of the track in the car :love:

How about you guys, any mods on the cars ?? Anyone with a monster of a car lurking ?? lol

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back