Newbies Say Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Drew -welcome aboard. Nice to see another drifter along. What the tuning scene like in Wales?

The car sounds great - hope you can put some pics up in the gallery.

Oh, it goes like a bat outta hell, but it just looks like a red Mondeo estate.

With a dented rear quarter.

I even took the badges off of the back... no 24V giveaway sticker here.

Hi,

Ny name is Hans and I live in a small town in the north of Iceland. Dalvik is for those who know something about Iceland about 45 km. outside Akureyri. I don't have a car now but I am going to start driving lessons to get my licence shortly :D . The dream car is a 1979 Chevrolet Camaro wich I would modify for drag racing after I bought it but the main problem for me now is that the car is a bit to expensive for me right now :cry: . The car I am looking at is newly painted and just needs a little bit of work inside. It has got 5700 cc 8 stroke engine and is probably about 300 hp. 8)

hey guys n girls, my names adam, im 17 n iv been driving since november. currently own a corsa and was planning to start modifying in june.

however... 5 weeks ago i was driving home from college when a van decided to cut in front of me striking my front divers side and taking me off the road.

the result = wheels pointing in funny directions. the car is going to be written off n im currently looking at an upgrade to an sxi.

my question is: does anyone own one and how do they perform, handle and are they any fun? plus are they amy good for modification?

one more thing...hows the insurance? (which is beyond a joke...£1800) :shock:

Hi aswearing, welcome to the site. The SCI is a good tuning base and the handling is pretty good out of the box! Can't see you'll be dissapointed but the insurance is always a killer at first - especially if the car is modified! Drop a hello in the Vauxhall section as well and you'll meet some of our Vauxhall guys n gals.

Welcome to you all. Don't you mean SXi Waynne there isnt an SCi?

hiya guys! im raffy...18 and im from the philippines..idk..i got into cars from games though..silly..yeah..but when my uncle from vacaville visited us here...well..we restored this nissan sentra...its pretty messed up..but he explained everything to me quite everything about whats under the hood..and how it works...so yeah...hope i could learn a lot more here..where do i start tho? thanks!

Hi xraffyx welcome its nice to have you along. To start off I would read the articles in the main site www.torquecars.com then in this forum you will find more car specific articles and tips and feel free to ask ANY questions - no questions are considered silly and we welcome new tuners and are all willing to share our knowledge and pass on our tips.

I would start simple if I was you then work your way up to the more complex mods. Are there any mechanics/engineering courses you could get into - this is a fantastic way to gain tuning experience.

^thank you waynne! well..since you said it..im getting bored in my current course..im taking up information technology...well..maybe im gonna get by with mechanics course or what not...ill check up on that...thanks again!!!

Hello Everyone.

Well, love cars and know a bit too much about cars. If anyone got any question, please feel free to ask. From suspension setting to engine tuning, I wouldn't mind if I can help. Advice/Ideas are free, but if you blow up your engine I won't take responibility!!! :wink:

My Current Ride:
600+ BHP Single Turbo BNR32 Skyline GTR.
Complete with full body kit and wide arch, loads of carbon, 8piston front brake, 6piston rear brake, center lock wheel, and enough Pivot stepping gauge to make an airplane jealous... :lol:

1802complete-med.jpg

Will be at Japfest next weekend on behalf of Impulse Performance in Sittingbourne in Kent who help me build this car. Thinking about coming to the Kent Show, but just thinking of a reason for me to come. Anyone got one for me? :wink:

Hi there buddy - really nice ride. Power and STYLE thats what I like to see. It would be fantastic to see you at our Kent show - you'll be in good company and the evening BBQ/DJ & Bar should be a fantastic party for when the crowds have gone home!

Hi

Hi, The name is Ali and i drive a 1.5exi Honda city, from india, help me do this ride up people also need some advise on pickin up a muscle tearing it n doin it up.

Hi

Hi, The name is Ali and i drive a 1.5exi Honda city, from india, help me do this ride up people also need some advise on pickin up a muscle tearing it n doin it up.

hello

Just got a new Volvo S40 2.0D sprot. As this one is the sport model it looks pretty good already especially as it has been lowered. Been looking for a cheap but reliable way to get a bit more power by chips, remaping etc.. and ended up here. Anybody know the best place to get this from for a volvo. It should fly when done as the torque is big already (320NM). Any Ideas?

Hi CJW and welcome to the site (And you Ali G!) Post up an intro in the volvo section and you'll get some suggestions for more power (is it a Turbo Diesel?)

Hi CJW and welcome to the site (And you Ali G!) Post up an intro in the volvo section and you'll get some suggestions for more power (is it a Turbo Diesel?)

Yes it's a turbo, and a proper turbo i think, not a high pressure common rail.

hey evryone, the names james, and i just bought an 1984 camaro from my uncle. As far as model and non apparent mods, he wont tell, but he definetly did some body work. i also know that the engine is custom and he used to race.

waynne said:
Say hello - introduce yourself and tell us about your ride.
Hi my name is Brendan, I drive a black '00 VT Supercharged Commodore that is my mistress, she spends all my money even what I dont have but gives me so much pleasure. As she's getting older she is screaming out for some mods, a bit of help from FIT is going to be sort in the horsepower department, a new VZ monaro front and probably some Intro Pentias or Koya Rush 18's to complete the ensemble.

Hi Brenden nice ride. I can see why you lavish all that money and attention on her (she wont keep you warm at night though :wink: ). Good luck with all the mods and keep us informed of progress.

If you have any pictures do post them up in the Gallery so we can all have a drool.

hey! I'm fel.. new guy..

I'm driving a 2003 red honda civic. I want to know how to modify my car into performance level and to make it outstand other cars. I hope you can help me.

Hi fellouie and welcome to TorqueCars. Post up in the Honda section for some specific tips - Don't forget to tell us what engine size and model you have as this has a big bearing on the tuning options.

I'm new

Hi , I'm new here and plan to buy Honda Stream 2001 , JDM ....
I plan to change the rim and aftermarket sport spring .
Audio will add 7" monitor .....

One more thing how can I contact Moderator or webmaster to make a link exchange , the submission form is not working.

regards
JDM_Car

Hi All!!!

Hi All... Name: Alex, Location: Azores, Car: Peugeot 206, Tuned: yes...

I couldn't get a foto fo the post but i'll send 1 later
Tune all adn race forever... :D

Hi Alex and welcome to the site. Another 206 owner - we have quite a few now! Post up some details in the Peugot section and let us know what mods you have done and what you are planning.

Hey y'all,

I'm Fred or for people who know me from the net, Rommel.

Current Car is a stock 1991 Oldsmobile Delta 88. Ain't in great condition but that's what I'm here for, to learn how to turn my pile of rust into an smooth running, cool looking pile of shiny metal that makes wrooom wrooom.

waynne said:
Say hello - introduce yourself and tell us about your ride.

Hallo all, my name is Herman and I’m from sunny South Africa. I recently purchase a 1998 Honda Prelude VTI-R I discovered at a nearby auto dealer. The original owner never drove it therefore it only has 29000km on it. These types of cars have great potential and the engines are virtually unbreakable if you treat them sensibly. I am planning to do some mild modifications on it considering the already potent engine of 195hp or 145kw. My biggest concern is the high RPM’s in top gear (5); if it is possible to bring the RPM,s down by 1000RPM at cruising speed (currently 3800RPM @120km/ph), that would be great.

Hi HermanVTI-R. The Honda VTEC engines are built for high revs. It can be a little worrying after your last car which probably redlined at 4500 or 5000 rpm. The short crank in the Honda is best suited to high revs and the engine comes alive when you keep it in the VTEC zone. You will probably find the car less economical if you changed the gearing so the cruising speed was only at 2900 rpm.

Hi Simon and welcome. We're being over run by Diesel Pug owners at the moment so youre in good company.

hey all. doing the newbie thing and saying hi! been driving my 95 polo classic for a while now, but just started to think about modding her a bit, going for the sleeper look. spent a blistering hour de-badging the back end last weekend, now she's smooth as.

take it easy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back