Newbie. with 2 P reg. !600 Colts.

cyberslayer

Car
Colt Mirage P reg.
Hi all, love these cars 4 almost total reliability. got a"rusty" 104000 miles. Drives like new!!. full of fishing tackle as I fish most days. Also mirage 62000 miles as "posh" car. You guys who are experts may be able to sort couple of questions. Engine management light comes on occasionally on Mirage. Car drives fine. Brake lights just stopped working on "Rusty" Bulbs and fuse ok. Any advice much appreciated. Tony.

welcome along.
have you had the mirage scanned to see if its logged an engine code
nope, have total distrust of dealers. Always use small independants who want you to return. suspect you need dealer to do scan. any suggestions? and ta 4 taking trouble to reply. Regards Tony.

doesnt need to be a dealer. Any decent garage should be able to pull the codes and the internet is full of details on these.

to give you an idea
VW garage charges around £90 for a scan nothing else
local garage charged the wife £25 for the scan and clear.

i scan my own using diagnostic software that cost me £65 for the software and the leads. shame it only works up to 2004 VAG cars

welcome sir.
Ta 4 welcome. you and I appear to have similar tastes. Got 98 xj8. Leaper recently ripped out by lowlife! Hymer motorhome. kawasaki zx7r. moto Guzzi 750 Nevada. don,t like big money down in jam jars. All the best. Tony

doesnt need to be a dealer. Any decent garage should be able to pull the codes and the internet is full of details on these.

to give you an idea
VW garage charges around £90 for a scan nothing else
local garage charged the wife £25 for the scan and clear.

i scan my own using diagnostic software that cost me £65 for the software and the leads. shame it only works up to 2004 VAG cars
cheers 4 that info. save me trawling net if you can give me idea where you obtained software. Regards Tony.

got mine from ross-tech but its only for Volkswagon Audi group cars up to 2004 wasnt willing to spend over £200 for a cable to allow me to do the newer ones just yet

do a search for OBD2 reader the Usb cables sell for around £15-20 on ebay and theres a couple of trial software programs avalible for clearing fault codes. although some will only give you the code and youll have to find out what it means