Can you help this newbie with space wagon prob??

Car
space wagon
Hiya everyone!!
Well It looks like I've gone and bought a lemon of a 1992 space wagon - needed an mpv for 6 people and two kayaks ;)
anyway the problem is it starts fine even drives fine occasionally but it just cuts out completely.
total loss of power!
Has anyone got any ideas if this is a fixable problem or if I am better off scrapping it and having a thrifty xmas.
thanks so much
KMo4

Hiya everyone!!
Well It looks like I've gone and bought a lemon of a 1992 space wagon - needed an mpv for 6 people and two kayaks ;)
anyway the problem is it starts fine even drives fine occasionally but it just cuts out completely.
total loss of power!
Has anyone got any ideas if this is a fixable problem or if I am better off scrapping it and having a thrifty xmas.
thanks so much
KMo4

Hi mate,

Hard to tell with your description - drives fine occasionally? well, when it doesn't drive fine occasionally, is that when it cuts out or does it do something else?

Assuming you've checked the battery ?

hiya, it drives as if nothing is wrong and then completely cuts out, no warning, no judder, just a complete shut down.
Battery, radiator, plugs, fuses, oil all fine. EXhaust is good (just been repaired)
thanks for taking the time to reply

Have you looked at the earthing?

Maybe a bad earth somewhere (earth strap) happened on a few of my past cars, maybe worth checking.

And apologies i called you mate - assuming you a lady.. :eek:)

Sounds like an earth issue to me. It could be the knock sensor in panic mode.

Sell it and get a Dub camper van - its more appropriate to your kayaking image!;)

it could be the ecu as these have a habit of going nuts up

i have the same car and i think i hve a working ecu as i suspected my ecu was at fault and changed it

best thing to do is run a diagnostic on using a 12v led and the obdi plug near the fuse box

can post you instructions if you want