Newbie saying hello+ VS Auto to manual conversion stuff

Car
VS crankydore
Hello hello hello,
my name is Paul but you can call me what you want.:lol:
I have an interesting query.
I am in the process of converting my Vs commodore to a T5 manual.
Interesting topic if you try finding out info on how to get around wiring changes and ecu stuff. After looking into the way to go about it I found that there's not much real help as the way most seem to want to do it is by still using the auto computer or plugging in the manual computer and doing some wiring cuts and loops and providing 12v feed via cigarette lighter to get the speed sensor working.
Well I may have to do a write up on a much easier and better and cheaper way than getting the memcal recallibrated (at a cost) for the stalling problem that comes from doing it the dodgy way. I bought the manual computer for $115 paid just under $50 for the Gregory's service book to get all the wiring diagrams needed. The big issue is the auto has a regulting voltage signal and the manual uses a pulse signal fed by 12v. When you look at the diagram for the plugs at computer they show that the signal wire from computer to speedo from the auto come out at a different position to the manual + the manual speedo wire is actually sent to the computer and speedo. In a nut shell the Auto computer gets the voltage read from the sensor and converts it to the pulse signal and sends it to the speedo. the manual has the speed sensor do the job and sends that to the computer and the speedo etc. I don't know if this sounds interesting to anyone but there you go. There are other things to finalise and unplug etc but that can come in a write up on how to.

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)

I am unable to help you with your question directly, but hopefully somebody can point you in the right direction for the knowledge that you seek!

Good luck! :)

If you would be so kind as to post any other further queries of this nature in either the General Car Chat Forum or the Makes and Models Owners Club - for car specific questions. This particular forum section is for saying hello and introductions; your questions will have a much better chance of being answered by our team of knowledgeable members in the appropriate forum section. :bigsmile:

T9 man
Moderator.

cheer. Thought I'd join in the fun. I have some years of experience with cars bikes small engines. Did a stint fitting out the cop cars with the electrical "ADD ONS". Not that that was exciting. I Did my first Engine improvement at 17-18???. Too far back to remember my age clearly. It was a Datsun 1600. I rebuilt the engine and had the cam shave to rally standards. The owner couldn't afford much after that so he was lucky I found him some twin Delorto side draughts. It hammered. I remember hving a drag with a RX3 13b and the guy in the Mazda wasn't happy to get our smoke. Ofcourse we stopped after and had a chat and his car wasn't running right!!.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back