newbie question

kern

Wrench Pro
Car
Aerodeck 1.8vti
Hi all,
have owned my Aerodeck 1.8vti for about a week now, and have to say absolutely love it! but just have a couple of questions...

1. front drivers fog broken and passenger side smashed, can i get a cheap aftermarket replacement, if so, where from?

2. want to give her a little service, what oil would you recommend and what spark plugs?

3. am already wanting to release a few more horses! am thinking about sports cat, custom ss exhaust (powerflow or longlife) and induction kit (k&n), would this make much of a difference?

cheers

Hi you should be able to pick up a new set of fog lights from ebay ive just purchased a nice set of halo front fogs from ebay.
regaurds to your exhaust and breathing question a good stainless steel will release approx 15-20% more horses and a k&n about 8-10% more.

Breakers yards are worth trying for spares.

Denso plugs seem to be rated on the Hondas. Do you have the hand book? That should specify the grade, then take the grade and get a good fully synthetic or semi synthetic brand. (TC members get a discount at Opeioils www.opieoils.co.uk/ )

Unless you have seriously modded your engine, you wanna stick with OEM approved fluids. I've read a ton of reviews and comparisons between Honda fluids and other semi and full synthetic oils and the regular OEM fluids will be more than sufficient.

Check out www.japarts.co.uk for some Nippon oils.

I know a good exhaust is the mongoose catback,it fits the 5door hatchback you would have to look into the fitting of the aerodeck.Heard that gives good gains.I have longlife on mine and never had no probs.

thanks for your responses guys, have looked on fleabay and seen these fogs:-
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
will check handbook for which grade of plugs, and will be giving her a service this weekend, can't wait to fit k&n induction kit too!

have spoken to local longlife centre and they will fit custom ss exhaust for £250 plus vat, sports cat for 150 plus vat! same as RSR which will fit powerflow for same price, is there any difference in quality/performance??
just gotta wait till payday for those tho!!!

sorry forgot to get back to you about the fogs.They are the ring alminator 3 from halfords.£29.99.I think you have to do a little modification im not to sure,they just fit behind the plastic cover.Got chatting to a guy who fit them on another forum but couldnt find the walk throu for it. guna have a go my self so wish mi luck.Sounds about right for exhaust and sports cat.Have you been looking for a new manifold too.

Last edited:
thanks for the reply, haven't looked at fitting a new manifold as thought they are quite expensive, and am looking to do this on a bit of a budget as little-un just born! will check out the halfords fogs as just realised the ones from fleabay only ship to the states (always the way!) good luck fitting the fogs tho, let me know how you get on and if its easy enough i might have a go myself!