newbie-1.8l 97 elantra-GOT PLANS!!

Dwsmith

Car
97 elantra/j2
whats up all i go by dj. im 23. drive a 97 elantra that used to be silver/grey till i hit it with an at home paint job...i personally got the car in 2004..had a cold air but lubbock floods is crucial so it just a short ram now...i squeezed some R18/225/40 on it..(ye they big and i had to do some fitting...) i got these lower springs..but not sure if i want to put them on(vogtland). inside is kinda black and yellow know..had a friend work on the interior..her first time not to shabby on the seats..other ppl like it more then i do tho..my back seats no longer fits three..only 2(have to show those pics wen the inside is all done)

..hmmm yuh so in performance terms..im pretty stock lol
ultimate goal for the j2? SLEEPER!

so i dunno bout the body kits(mainly cuz i aint seen none that i like)
i got some ideas on how i want my car doors to open trunk to..

sooo bout performance...
i'll take a supercharger/turbo (supercharger first!!! due to the ease of maintence in comparison) or an all motor'd out engine(not even sure of the first step)
but i personally don't just want to pay someone to put this stuff in for me i need to kno wats goin on underneath the hood ya know? so as it is that i am a newbie i would need some detailed help...
driving a 1.8litre i tend think that no matter what i have to do an engine swap and if thats the case then what should i get? i heard/read the older mitsu turbo engine fits in almost perfectly...is this true?

due to the bigger wheels (which i got for a great prices with tires too/so im pretty much tryna work with them and around them) i need to upgrade my brakes... i did read all the basic tips in the articles on this site but like i said i need detailed help more specifically for the 97 j2/avante/lantra(so many names)

this is just my introduction sorry for being so lengthly just letting yall kno wats up!
and if you are the guru and don't mind the ignorance i have with cars and the questions that will come up please email please please !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello there and may I extend to you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars forums.
It is great to meet you and I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do and that you get totally addicted to this site.

It sounds like you have a great project on your hands, with an impressive mod list already planned. So what's first?

Do feel free to get involved in our other threads too, the more the merrier as they say and we are friendly (being friendly is actually a forum rule!:))

Hello there, nice to make your acquaintance.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back