New user

ballajatt

Car
honda civic 1.6vtec
hi i ve got honda civic 2004 1.6 vtec replicate type r. i m new to this forum.
first of all i just wanna say hello to all my fellow friends here .

i want to make my civic lil more faster, as i ve jus got my sound done in it and it weight tons and car is runing bit slow.

any guidance to make it nippy will be warmly appreciate. thanks ballajatt

Hey and welcome mate
Weight loose might be a starting point, try some lightweight subs, think you can get them around 6-7Kg rather than 18kg average 12".
Decent exhaust, and a higher flowing filter. see if the airbox on the type R is the same as yours if not will it fit with a little work ?

Or do an engine swap to the type R ;)

hi pgarner thanks for reply.

i have tried to get some weights out of my car. because i ve got very big sound system in it (as i m in to music) and i cant figure out what other things i can do apart from taking spare wheel out.

i have got k & n induction kit at the moment and i think exhaust is from type r as u can hear the roar when it hits about 3000 rpms or more.
i have spoken to someone and they said if i can change a manifold and get a 3" pipe running across should give me bit more power and remap and stuff also.

i though let me first ask other people and seek some advice rather than me jus blowing my money.

thks

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry mate your post got stuck in the mod queue because it had a link to my name in it.
also watch the txt speak.

take it they were on about the exhaust manifold ? it would be a good idea along with a sports cat, dearer than a de-cat but stays road legal and you dont have to swap out the cat every time the MOT is due.
remapping should be left till last and a custom map should be used to ensure you get the best out of your mods.

do you really need all the stuff thats in your boot ? i used to run with
2 12" subs 3 sets of 6x9s set of componats up front and uprated ones in the rear of an old car along with 3 amps second battery for a taxi and power cap
since changing the car ive ditched alot of it, down to 2 subs no 6x9 but should have a set coming, temp until ive made an enclosure and then im going down to 1 sub and standard speakers to save weight but keep the sounds

Hi ballajatt nice to have you along. Some aftermarket seats may well be much lighter than the standard ones. You could also strip out the interior and remove the dash for the "racer" look but this is quite hard to live with.

Why not go with some lightweight wheels and low profile tyres? That should save a bit of weight.

What about a removable ICE install in the boot?

get rid of back seats (thats if you dont need them of course lol)

suppose it all depends on what you use the car for (family car or show/cruise car) to how much weight you can actually save.

Welcome to TC by the way :)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back