New to this forum need info on superchagers thanks

W

Whitestang38

I have a 79 cobra mustang that came with a turbo draw throw 2.3L carb set up. When i got the car their was no turbo stuff on it. Instead I want to supercharger dont like to be a follower. Found out that they cost way to much to buy new but it cheap to get work done on it. So will my 4 cyl be able to hold up to a eaton M90 that came on the ford thunderbird or no. I do know that I need a eaton M45 but they come on high end cars and thier hard to find online or in junkyards. Hear so much about 4 cyl puting out so much power. Any advise would hlep or what all need to be done to make it work and any computer programs on fuel/air to tune it right. Would like so much to do this set up any and all info would be nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
tcsmileysign.gif

Yes I also have a Mustang but sorry, I can't help you. 4 cylinder engines are not my specialty. A great place to look for parts is Ford Racing Parts.com . Even if you don't buy from them, you can get the catalog and narrow your part search down pretty well. As for your car, if I were you I would first start with weight reduction before you move on to engine mods. Getting rid of excess weight makes a big difference. How much power is your engine putting out? Is it worth trying to find a cheap V8?

think the M45 supercharger was also in the Mini cooper S - you might have more luck finding one of them in the scrappys or even ebay. theres 1 on UK ebay for 180 at the min

welcome to the site mate

A large supercharger can be detuned a little with different size pulley wheels. The engine is pretty strong so I'd be surprised if it struggled with the M90.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back