New or old?

Nightwhite

Tuner
Car
Skoda Favorit 1.3
Would you rather have a old car and turning it up?
Or getting a top end market car and then tuning it up a bit more or leaving it how it is?

i got a old car and doing it up as i like the challenge of seeing how much power and looks i can get out of it, and i can sit there and say "i did that"

views?

i will be in the future getting another mk3 astra gsi dont know why but i really like them and i miss my old 1 :(

but the next 1 i get wont be a flame pink ph1 it will be a white, blue or black ph2

id prefer to get an old car, had great plans for my prelude.
but time and money were the issues. needed a car on a regular basis

It's a matter of opinion (and how old you are). I consider Preludes and Astras to be new cars :)

was 22 when had the prelude and it was 16yo then (1990) when i got it. so not much younger than me, sometime wished id kept it but couldnt afford the whopping 12mpg it was getting

id rather get an older car, mainly for the self acheivement at the end but also there is more chance a new car will loose alot more value, so get an older cheaper car that isnt worth much anyway :D

yup, wish citreon did a petrol turbo engine, seen a few old vts wish a conversion and my god they fly :s

Got to be old skool motors. I've got 2 Mk2 Cavs and there's nothing like getting back in a car you have to drive, wind down the windows, lock the doors with a key in a hole, and can spanner on without having to remove half a dozen plastic covers to get to anything.

philcav.jpg

herb: "i will be in the future getting another mk3 astra gsi dont know why"

I don't know why either :) Apart from the fact that they were totally incapable of holding the power in check which did leave you with quite a challenging drive. Which I suppose could be fun in the right conditions.

herb: "i will be in the future getting another mk3 astra gsi dont know why"

I don't know why either :) Apart from the fact that they were totally incapable of holding the power in check which did leave you with quite a challenging drive. Which I suppose could be fun in the right conditions.

you must have been driving the gsi wrong then mate :toung: cause mine was on standard suspension just 17" wheels (yokahama a539 tyres) and i had no problems at all getting the power down on the straights or bends!!! and surprised quite a few far more powerfull cars :amuse:

They did go quite well. Bear in mind the one I was using was a pool car so it's probably had massive errors in steering geometry etc. And the tyres were barely legal which didn't help

It's a matter of opinion (and how old you are). I consider Preludes and Astras to be new cars :)

lol I'm with you on that one!

An old car for me would be one having chrome bumpers and leaf springs!

The MGB running the Cosworth springs to mind as old school with new ;)

One 'old car' that always tickled me as the proper wolf in sheeps clothing was the MK2 Cortina Savage.

Got to be old skool motors. I've got 2 Mk2 Cavs and there's nothing like getting back in a car you have to drive, wind down the windows, lock the doors with a key in a hole, and can spanner on without having to remove half a dozen plastic covers to get to anything.

philcav.jpg
I nearly bought an SRI130 in electric blue, it had really nice wheels on it and cornered beautifully. Sadly the insurance was too much for me all those years ago.;)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back