New member needs advice on an LPG KIT

stageauk

Car
Autech 260RS stagea
Hi all , i dont know if i am a bit old to be doing this sort of thing but as i read these forums on most days i thought i might as well have a chat ,

i am in sawbridgeworth Herts and have been in to most cars over the last 30years mainly american muscle and rods but have always had a thing for the jap imports and at this moment i have a 1997 Stagea Autech 260RS version which i imported just over a year ago direct from Japan some of you might have seen it up for sale on certain websites but due to many timewasters i have decided to keep it ,

the only problem with these type of motors is the running costs on the odd occassion that i use her i get an average of 20mpg which is like running an old 6 pot yank this hurts so i am thinking of puting an LPG kit on her was quoted £1300 , has anybody done this and what does yours run like on gas/petrol ? would appreciate any feedback, Also wanted is a n/s front wing wheel arch cover as mine dropped down on my last outing and was completly shredded.
Cheers Jim.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey and welcome to the site mate.

i was quoted slightly less a few years ago when i looked into it however i thought it would take a while to get the money back from the savings - that and the lack of LPG around here.

not sure if anyone on here is actually runing LPG but they might

tcsmileysign.gif

A mate of my cousins had a mondeo st25 running on lpg it went better on lpg than petrol also cheaper to run but you have to run on petrol for about half a mile to warm up before automatically switching to lpg

Have a read of this if you haven't spotted it already....

http://www.torquecars.com/news/lpg-conversions.php

LPG is barely any noticable difference to petrol but there is on paper a slight power loss. I know a couple of people who have it on a landrover and range rover and it has made a massive difference to their fuel costs each year.

Do the maths first and see if you get your money back within the life of your car. If so then by all means go for it.

Oh and welcome, nice to hear from you. :D I know we have many lurkers and it's nice to see who they are and what they are getting up to car wise! :D

Earlier LPG systems won't work with supercharged (that includes turbocharged vehicles). I don't know if this will affect you.

I looked into LPG some years ago and sadly never pursued it.

Hey and welcome to the site mate.

i was quoted slightly less a few years ago when i looked into it however i thought it would take a while to get the money back from the savings - that and the lack of LPG around here.

not sure if anyone on here is actually runing LPG but they might
Thanks 4 the reply, the quote u got was that for a single turbo model or twin and who gave u the quote? i am not concerned about the outlay as in the long run it will pay 4 its self and if i did sell the car on i dont think i would have any problem selling it being an Autech model especially with lpg , LPG at most stations now is 59p a litre so i am planning on putting the lpg on her in the new year , i do need advice on the front bumper which is just an night mare as it sits so low and driving over any pot-holes of humps the bumper just scrapes the floor not a good idea as these bumpers cost over £800 and this has happened on 3 occassions , would u recommened putting some coil overs on her and changing the 17inch alloys to 18ins and putting the tyre size up to say 235/35/18, more advice would be nice..
Cheers Jim..

Last edited:
that was for my bora so single turbo. - cant remember who gave me the quote and cant find it in old emails so must have deleted it at some point. but it was 3 years ago.

i seen the other thread, waynnes idea is a good one,

does the stagea not have coilovers as standard ? they would help but you might need to make sure they are capable of raising higher than your current setup

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back