New member from Canada Toronto

777radmir777

Car
Wv golf mk4 gti 1.8
Hi people , as a new member, hope will find a lot of interesting information about tune up and upgrades. I live in Toronto, driving 5t truck as a full time job, part time and free time spend in the car body shop. Just bought vw golf gti 1.8t 2001. Will try to make my dream come true, Made nice, fast car. Any members from Toronto ???? Would be nice to talk exchange some info. Thanks:)

Hi there, I hope you are well. May I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do. (It gets quite addictive at times.)

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"! (It's also great when people start new threads and discussions and all adds to the great debate.)

Keep us up to date with your project as well, we like to see what people are getting up to with their cars.

We have at least one other member in your neck of the woods http://www.torquecars.com/forums/f45/oi-o-8208/

cyan5E_5Everdana5E_5E25E_5E25E_5EWelcometoTorqueCars5E_5E.gif

what engine codes in your golf ? as its close to when they changed turbos.
will be on a little metal plaque beside the timing belt cover

I am planning to do it step by step, found couple places that sells performance parts, BUT , how would I know that they are not overcharging me for parts? What can I compare with?

cant help you out there mate, you give you approx prices for the work done over here.

also worth doing your research as ECS are bad for it - using other manufactures parts with their logo on it. parts can be gotten cheaper from the dealers.
example theyre Race N95 valve is actually just the standard one for the old audi s2. same part number as your but with an H at the end

NoYup its a AWW engine so the older style, try looking for a turbo off a later one - look around 2003-2005.
outside they are the same but the internals are slightly different, gives you around 15 bhp more from the remap and allows you to go slightly further with an OEM turbo.

safe limit is around 240 bhp from ther k03s where as your k03 is around 200

NoYup its a AWW engine so the older style, try looking for a turbo off a later one - look around 2003-2005.
outside they are the same but the internals are slightly different, gives you around 15 bhp more from the remap and allows you to go slightly further with an OEM turbo.

safe limit is around 240 bhp from ther k03s where as your k03 is around 200

True or false???
BOV (Blow off valve) takes remaining air from turbo after throttle body closes and vents it to atmosphere completely escaping the system. Most Mopar (dodge/eagle/DSM) vehicles do not have a MAF sensor and therefor it does not matter if that air stays in the system or not.

DV (diverter valve) takes the remaining air from the turbo after throttle body closes and "diverts" it back into the air intake. On a VW, This air has already been pre-measured by the MAF and the ECU expects that air to be there. If the air is no longer there the ECU will not know that and add fuel for air that is no longer in the system. This will cause your ECU to log a rich code (too much fuel in the fuel/air mixture) and make it lean out (add more air) your fuel air mixture to compensate for this loss in air due to the BOV and it overall ruins your entire fuel map.

true, some of the very early 1.8t dont run a MAP sensor and you can get away with running an atmospheric one. but all fitted with a map sensor will run rich because of the loss in air, wont so much run leans as it cant really adjust for more air, unless you have a electronic throttle, so adjusts the fuel back.

only reason i found out about the electronic throttle was had my bora (mk4 jetta to yous in the states) up on axle stands while working on the brakes. found out that it you rev it in gear and left foot brake it closes the throttle valve

true, some of the very early 1.8t dont run a MAP sensor and you can get away with running an atmospheric one. but all fitted with a map sensor will run rich because of the loss in air, wont so much run leans as it cant really adjust for more air, unless you have a electronic throttle, so adjusts the fuel back.

only reason i found out about the electronic throttle was had my bora (mk4 jetta to yous in the states) up on axle stands while working on the brakes. found out that it you rev it in gear and left foot brake it closes the throttle valve

Thanks, it is good thing to wait and ask, before do mistakes, thanks again

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back