New Here

penj10241

Car
Jetta IV 1.8T
Hey guys and girls
Im new here, looking for some ideas for how to tune my VW Jetta 1.8T. Its all stock, but its got the Monsoon sound system in it. Im looking for performance upgrades, and definitely some exterior good looks lol

any ideas hit me up!

Hello and welcome. Nice to have a fellow Vag 1.8T owner on here.

Remap it! That wll take you to around 200bhp. Also fit a forge motorsport partially venting BOV. There are a few turbo upgrade routes with the standard turbo casing and KO3s or KO4 internals.

How is the handling?

the handling is pretty good! The only thing Im concerned about is when I go around corners quick, I hear a grinding side on the outward wheels. Im going to order some new Bilstein shocks this summer I think, as well as putting on some new Enkei wheels, maybe a Blowoff valve if I can find one for sure! Im kind of a newbie when it comes to this sort of thing, im trying to get myself more into cars besides the brand name stuff you know? lol

welcome to the forum mate.
dont touch the blow off valves they dont like it. as waynne said forge do a splitter valve that keeps the ECU happy.

also look towards the audi TT lower strut brace for the front

think the TT and S3 use the same lower brace will have to double check that. know the upper strut brace is different

waiting on EKTA to load

you are indeed right i thought the lower ones were the same
embarrassed-smiley-face.jpg

TT brakes is off course what i meant ( see what i done there ) the earlier boras came with a 288mm setup later ones used the 312mm version. the calipers and pads themselves are the same its carriers and the disc that need changed

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back