New here

JPW

Car
Peugeot 406 Coupé
Hi guys,

I'm 19 years old, bought my first car about half a year ago, its a Peugeot 406 Coupé with a 2,0L 16V engine. Recently I've been modifying the engine to get more power out of it. I really wanted a faster car (R33 Skyline / MKIV Supra) but the insurance companies won't let me. So far I've installed a K&N cold air intake and a new exhaust system. 4-2-1 headers, magnaflow high-flow cat and borla piping & muffler. Sound is awesome and the gain is pretty good aswell. Next up are the camshafts if i get the money and from there on we'll see. I've decided to join the forum since I don't know where to go from here. I'm looking to get more power out of it, or better ways to distribute the power and I've got no clue of where to start.

I'll be around I suppose ;)

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend :)

Please feel free to have a look around the website, there are many varied and interesting articles to read on all manner of car modifying subjects.
Also, you may find our members project threads and photo gallery very useful as a source of inspiration towards your own very special project!

Good luck to you & I hope you enjoy the forum! :)

tcsmileysign.gif

Where in holland are you?
In Spijkenisse there is or used to be a garage called CS Motorsport.
If he is still there doing it there Is a guy called Gerart?? The name is correct but not sure on the spelling. I used to work there a LONG time ago. He used to go up to his flat above the shop in the afternoon and would always have an ECU in his hand to be worked on. They did mostly high end cars. Porsche, Ferari, BMW, MERCs etc etc.
He was quite good at the ECU tuning back then (I'm talking about 15 years at least). Seeing that you have extractors, exhaust system upgrade and the cold air intake. If you get the cam changed I would highly recomend that you MUST have the ECU tune to match the cam change. Not neccessarily going to CS Motorsport for the work as I don't live there anymore alot would have changed.
You might be able to buy the cam with an ECU tuned to suit but it would go better to tune it on the car with the cam and the rest of it done all at once.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back