Torque Cars

new boy questions

Discussion in 'Impreza' started by magdoc, 27 April 2010.

1. magdoc

magdoc Newbie

west sussex
    Car:
    impreza r sport
    I have recently bought a 2.0 r sport estate 2007. initially without any real thoughts of anything other than using it as my run about, but i have been so impressed i am already planning what i want next (in a few years).
    I have no mechanical background but wondered if anyone had tips for possibilities of increasing the performance other than trading up for a turbo version. thanks

2. pgarner

pgarner TC ModFather Moderator

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine
    hey and welcome to the site.

you can increase the perfornance but it would be better getting it traded in for a turbo. the cars already weigh alot so i doubt youll see any real improvements without alot of money

3. BAD63R

BAD63R Authorised Trader

Cornwall
    Car:
    MG TF135
    You can get yourself a Jap imported Sport version. They are good as they have the lighht weight shell as standard. Filter, full straight through exhaust, cams and gas flowed heads with a remap is a good place to start, That will at least see you another 25-35bhp ;)

4. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Nice to meet you, you'll get into the car tuning bug soon and then you'll be totally addicted.:D

5. magdoc

magdoc Newbie

west sussex
    Car:
    impreza r sport
    cheers guys. I will start reading and try to work out whats what!!