MickieH

Torque Junkie
Car
Probe 2.5L 24v V6
It was a little dark, but you can see ok

DSC01238.jpg

Cougar 2.5 V6 - Drove home nice, and will replace my old 1.1 Fiesta :lol:

Much more fun while I fix up my Probe :bigsmile:

Quite a difference there! 1.1 Fiesta vs 2.5 V6 Cougar! Nice one. Any plans for this on the side?

Oh I know yeah, :lol::lol:

Well it was 2.5 V6 Probe --> 1.1 Fiesta --> 2.5 V6 Cougar so everything feels right with the world again. :lol:

Still not sure which one is faster yet, as I'm still getting used to the Cougar. Initial overtaking manouvers are proving promising though :lol:

I've already found a set of Mercury Cougar rear tail lights that I want that don't have the orange indicator lens - the whole lens is red, apart from the reverse lights which will become indicators with a little re-wiring. :blink1:
I may put reverse lights, elsewhere, but more than likely, I'll make the clear lens dual purpose by adding another bulb - we'll see though.

There will be other stuff I want doing, like I know the rear drop links need doing, but other than that, I'll be concentrating on my Probe over the winter as in collecting stuff ready for next summer.

Any other mods to the Cougar will be subtle. Maybe some nice alloys in the future.

Once I've finished the Probe, maybe the Cuugar will be in for more - the missus has her eyes on the Cougar when I get my Probe done :lol:

Any other mods to the Cougar will be subtle. Maybe some nice alloys in the future.

Once I've finished the Probe, maybe the Cuugar will be in for more - the missus has her eyes on the Cougar when I get my Probe done :lol:

I wouldn't bother with nice alloys if the missus is going to have it, not unless you want to keep refurbing them! :lol:

True about the alloys - can you buy rubber ones? :lol:

As for the car it's a 2001 model on a Y plate, tax till Jan and test till sometime next year don't remember exactly when now - paid £500 for it.

I was quite happy with that, it's pretty nice.

So far I haven't found anything wrong with it other than it does need rear drop links doing.

Everything works, including the aircon.

Still want my Probe back on the road though :D

The Cougar is a well sorted car in my opinion. The 2.0 is a bit down on power but the V6 suits it perfectly. Good balance of performance without the misery of crippling fuel economy. Handling is sweet as well.

I have been on a few runs and she seems pretty good on performance and handling.

The lower inlet manifold is working thank god, as I didn't check when I bought it :embarrest:

I seem to be averaging 25mpg but that's mainly on country roads.
It did start to creep up when I took her down the dual.

Interesting that the Ford 2.5 has only one VRIS point, where my Mazda engined Probe has 2.

I like the look of her, and I'm trying my best not to get to attached.

The Probe is prioity and will receive the most attention.

If the Cougar starts incurring significant running costs then it goes and I'm back in the Festa :lol: Slow but economical :lol:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back