Neighbourhood friction

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Do you annoy your neighbours with your car? Do they annoy you at all? Is it parking issues, loud exhausts, too many cars or something else that causes the problem?

I think we get on well with all our neighbours and I can't moan but I've got friends who complain about engines in the garden, constant revving, loud exhausts & Music at antisocial times of the day and other annoyances.

I have one side of Irish guys, who are currently restoring a Austin Spitfire I think its called. We borrow each others stuff, and they are generally nice chaps. How ever... on the left hand side, we have rather nasty neighbors, they stole my little brothers Christmas present and helped them selves to my 20th present. Funny thing is... The delivery service went back many times on both occasions and asked for the package and they lied right to the guys face.... But what can we do? We tried the police they did nothing, and the second I get my trusty bat out, suddenly the police are interested! Fortunately we alerted the whole street to the theft and how they were responsible...

Don't think I bother anyone with my car. Although there was this one night. We got home at 6 am in the morning after having too many drinks. I NEVER drive drunk, but beeing drunk and having some friends over, I got my car keys played some songs really loud through my cars sound-system in the street. Woke up a couple of my neighbours who were trying to sleep. But that's more of my childish, drunk behaviour and loud music than my car annoying anyone.

Only done that one time. I try to stay on my neighbours good side :)

I do too! The Irish chaps are very nice people, and annoying them will only make things worse really. They have never done anything to disturb or upset us, so why would I want to upset them? Show respect and you'll get the same back!

Last edited:
when i lived with my mum and had the integra its was a shared car park in the middle of all houses and flats and started it up one morning as i sat waiting for the windscreen to clear the idiot above my mum was standing there saying he was going to kill me for always waking him up in the morning but its not like i sat there revving it just left it to tick over, dont think it annoyed any1 else, was scared to come out to find my tyres popped

now ive moved out my new gt4 is there under cover scared that summet will happen to it even tho i make my mum check it before and after work.

where i live now there is always something going on loud cars music shouting dogs barking, ive learnt to just ignore it as it never bothers me

Show respect and you'll get the same back!

I thought the same thing Dave, but one set of my neighbours like to follow a different mantra! :blink: Not to worry though, I just have to watch and study another 4 episodes of CSI New York and then I will know how to make my neighbours disappear without leaving a clue behind ;)

When new neighbours moved in to the flat above me i took one look and thought chavs
however they are polite respectful and the only noise is there 3 year old running about.
He likes his car but then so do i so live and let live.
There is something to the respect theory.

I thought the same thing Dave, but one set of my neighbours like to follow a different mantra! :blink: Not to worry though, I just have to watch and study another 4 episodes of CSI New York and then I will know how to make my neighbours disappear without leaving a clue behind ;)

:lol: That did make me laugh! Wish I could do the same. Somehow a chainsaw and a machete are not subtle enough.....

I used to have a the odd issue where I lived previously and that was purely down to what I used to do, oval racing. So there was the odd trailer and spare car dotted around, however they were never illegally parked or obstructing anyones driveway etc.

Only had noise issues with one neighbour playing drums and guitar gone 2am. I nearly knocked his door down, house full of blokes and he opened the door with his dog there who growled at me. I threatened to knock his dog out (I am an animal lover btw) and start on him next, needless to say he retreated his dog and shut up. The wife stopped me from going too far as my switch had already flipped by that point. Not long after he moved away and left his lodger running it, never had any issues after that for some reason. Bit lame using a dog to scare someone. A Police dog is another matter!

Where I currently live (cul-de-sac) is really nice with no noise issues just idiotic young drivers racing around the corner at times. We have a few cars but never park to annoy anyone if we can help it, not easy with five cars to park.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back