need more power

Hi Bob and welcome to TorqueCars. Have you done any mods yet and how much are you looking to spend?

A supercharger conversion would be pretty impressive in terms of power gain but in reality it will be pretty expensive. A set of fast road cams will help peak power by around 10-15%, a remap will release a further 4-6% and combine the two for a 15-20% power hike!

Exhaust headers are also worth looking into along with a sports catalyst.

Hey Bob, Welcome to the site ;)

Hehe, I love that I know so manby people with different tuned cars lol.

Ok then Bob, heres what I would suggest. The best and most cost effective way to see some real extra horses under the hood, would be to try and source a Audi S4. Not the newer 4.2 V8 shapes but the slightly older S4 2.7 Twin Turbo Quattro. These cars are coming down in price quite nicley over here so I would have thought finding one over there or importing one isn't going to be a massive expence.

The reason I suggest this my friend had got an Audi A4 1.8 20 Turbo Quattro and was board with the power. Found a side damaged S4 Twin Turbo, swapped the engine, suspension, brakes and the stronger quattro system and then sold off the parts he didn't need and only payed £1400 after making money back, for the entire conversion. Now he's running a healthy 340bhp. :)

welcome to the site

agreed with badger if you can get the s4 engine go with it.
if you want to keep the 3ltr then look toward supercharging. i think the 2.8 kit would fit with some possibly so custom brackets

when you have a audi worth 50gs you would hope it would be quicker than a 20g toyota corrola.

give us a better expanation about your car bro, what year is it, what's the engine type, just sayin 3 litre aint enough, so then maybe i could tell you something, and by the way, i like your question.

give us a better expanation about your car bro, what year is it, what's the engine type, just sayin 3 litre aint enough, so then maybe i could tell you something, and by the way, i like your question.

i have a audi a4 2004 3 ltr can any one help.

and if my info is right its a BBJ engine code with 218bhp so i can see why hes not so happy

Yup definatly buy a CAT C or CAT D insurance S4 2.7 Bi Turbo car and use the brakes, gear box, engine, possibly some parts of interior, wheels, suspension , exhaust system, then sell the remaining parts for good money and you'll have yourself a quite reasonably cheap fast car project. Plus the S4 2.7 is also Quattro so would be worth swapping that aswell if the center tunnel allows it.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back