need help upgrading an audi tt

newttguy

Car
00 audi tt 1.8t fwd
Hello everybody,

I just got an 2000 audi tt 1.8t fwd , I would like to know the right parts to upgrade and increase horse power, im new with turbos ,however im a retired engineer /bike tech this is what I know so far; I will like to upgrade the intercooler to a frontmount 2.5 or 3in dont know what is best or if the stock turbo can handle it, new clutch and lighter flywheel
as far a chip or map is so many that is hard to know which would be the best. anybody out there with a tt that can help.

Greetings and Welcome to TorqueCars My Friend! :)

Somebody will be along in a while who will be able to answer your question more directly, good luck :)

arrrrrr computer just bloody well crashed after typing out a bloody novel.

ok 2000 may have the k03s with it being audi do you have the engine code ? - look at the lefty hand side of the engine should be a little plaque with 3 letters on it.

1st up remap it. should take the power from 150 to around 200 if its got the 03s or 190 is its got the 03 - 03 cant go much further than that

smooth the airbox out and get more air into it, changing to a better turbo intake pipe as well to stop it collapsing
change the standard diverter valve for an uprated one as the OEM one might as well be made out of tissue paper.
dotn bother with the whole exhaust, just change the downpipe and cat to a free flowing sports car. preferably 3" - this is the most restrictive part of the exhaust.
front mount intercooler is a good idea as you will have a small side mount with limited airflow.

after all that you should be able to run most companies stage 2 software although a few do require you to use a 4 bar fuel pressure reg.

this should see you around 230-240bhp if youve got a k03s.

if youve got the 03 id suggest finding a 03s. a full 04 swap imo isnt worth it for the FWD models as it requires a few more changes to get the best from it.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back