Much newbie ness....

Tex

Torque Junkie
Car
Vec CDTI SRI 180+
Hi All,

Know a fair bit about cars and had some tasty ones (as well as some old dogs), will lurking around to see what the forum is like - big up everyone!

Cheers
T.

Well, i have had my fair share of decent cars, but as i'm growing older, i have a Vectra CDTI SRI 150 with a few mods, goes well, has about 180-190 bhp and shed loads of ib/ft and 55mpg, doesn't exactly put a grin my my face, but it's as quick as a 330 BM up to 120 for example which can't be too sad :bigsmile:

Well, i have had my fair share of decent cars, but as i'm growing older, i have a Vectra CDTI SRI 150 with a few mods, goes well, has about 180-190 bhp and shed loads of ib/ft and 55mpg, doesn't exactly put a grin my my face, but it's as quick as a 330 BM up to 120 for example which can't be too sad :bigsmile:

what you done to the vec so far?

i had the GSI (2.5 v6) a few months back till i decided to go jap

what you done to the vec so far?

i had the GSI (2.5 v6) a few months back till i decided to go jap

Well, standard it went quite well for a diesel, but decided to pop in a K&N panel filter and a German tuning box, made a huge difference and improved MPG too, put some nice 19" snowflakes on and it looks quite sweet, its the new shape so has nav, bluetooth etc etc....but christ i have i lost some money on it over the past 10 months!

I was Jap mad, have had a couple of Evo 6's, spent ££££'s on them, but a better car is hard to find in my opinion...

Hi tex and a warm welcome to TorqueCars. Nice to have you along.

Cars do seem to suck the money. Are you talking depreciation or just all the things you've had done to it?

Hi tex and a warm welcome to TorqueCars. Nice to have you along.

Cars do seem to suck the money. Are you talking depreciation or just all the things you've had done to it?

Hi mate,

Thanks for the welcome...

Depreciation unfortunately, paid 9k for the car in Feb this year and has to be worth 6-7k now, paid 600 for wheels and plus a further 100 on other bits and bobs but i cannot have a standard looking car, on the look out for and dont laugh, a Jag S type R, lots of car for the money!!!

Thats not good for a few months! Perhaps with less new cars being sold we will see used prices icnreasing.

I've been watching the S Type Jag prices recently. You can get a recent(ish) plate for a few grand now. Add some NoS and a supercharger and you will have an awesome car.;)

Snowflakes are good, but made from chocolate, not a very strong wheel, how does the 200SX go? good car too with the right bits on ;)

The S Type R, for a good one, looking at 8k really for a 52/53 plate and for that, 400 bhp, 408ib ft, 4.2 V8 with twin superchargers, now that is a bit of me - M5 quick and LOTS of toys....

Here is a pic of my old pride and joy, oh the times we shared together on the hard shoulder :lol:

Cars056.jpg

Thanks for the nice (and not so nice) ;) replies....

Life is hard enough as it is, so i dont take much seriously! :D

Just as well! We're a nice bunch and no-one has yet been nasty or rude on here ;) If you talk to yourself you've got to expect some stick :lol:

Just as well! We're a nice bunch and no-one has yet been nasty or rude on here ;) If you talk to yourself you've got to expect some stick :lol:

This is true, so how long has this place been going then? I was a member of LOTS of forums, but they all seemed to become a big slanging match and got sick of it, lets hope this is a better place to browse and post on.

The site has been up since about 2004 and since last year it has really started to take off. We grow by 10-20 members per day which is excellent.

We have fairly strict rules which helps keep things on the level. We also have a good mix of ages and many different countries so we are a rather unique community. There also seems to be less off topic chat on here that I've seen with other forums.:)

You've definately found the right place. The older threads are also still open and it is well worth reading and replying to some of our older topics too.;)

Im, H. A. P. P. Y hee hee hee

totally agree with slanging matches on other forums, i have just left a massive forum which i have been a member of for some time now due to a small number of new members who have decided to make life not so much fun for other people. this was a forum that i did a lot for aswell, couple of us organised a 2008 charity calander for them, travelled the country taking regional photos (and meeting new members) all on our own time and cost, have attended meetsand shows all over the country and now a couple of people have spoilt it all.

this place is a happy place with nice people and constructive criticism when its needed.

ok so thats my rant over for the day, im off to paint rainbow and make daisy chains with the faires :)

ok so thats my rant over for the day, im off to paint rainbow and make daisy chains with the faires :)

Right, this worries me, don't suppose there are many forums for daisy chain makers huh ;)

Seems like a good place so far, can't say i personally am too interested in slanging matches, i just like a good hoot and to help if i can.

What about meets, do you do much of that? I see you are in Kent Waynne, much happen?

We did a big show in 2007 www.torquecars.com/show (nothing this year cos the show blew me away in terms of cost and time taken.) I am hoping to do something again, perhaps joining up with another event? We are getting quite a few members in Kent so I think we should do a meet sometime. Keep an eye on the events thread for updates on this.

We did a big show in 2007 www.torquecars.com/show (nothing this year cos the show blew me away in terms of cost and time taken.) I am hoping to do something again, perhaps joining up with another event? We are getting quite a few members in Kent so I think we should do a meet sometime. Keep an eye on the events thread for updates on this.

I could probably help you in the future, if you want it that is, what i have always wanted to do / organise is a drive into Europe, Stelvios pass or something, maybe ring trip, i drive in Europe quite a lot and love it, might be an idea for the future?

totally agree with slanging matches on other forums, i have just left a massive forum which i have been a member of for some time now due to a small number of new members who have decided to make life not so much fun for other people. this was a forum that i did a lot for aswell, couple of us organised a 2008 charity calander for them, travelled the country taking regional photos (and meeting new members) all on our own time and cost, have attended meetsand shows all over the country and now a couple of people have spoilt it all.

this place is a happy place with nice people and constructive criticism when its needed.

I thought I saw your name somewhere before :D I'm a member there too (but I haven't been on much to be honest) but I have to say my loyalty is definitely with Torquecars! :bigsmile:

Hi, I'm Chris. Just bought a new SEAT Leon TDi after a disastrous episode with a Citroen C4 VTS Coupé 2.0 TDi. The phrase 'saw me coming' springs to mind, with a "mean time between failures" of 2000 miles over the 18,000 miles that I owned it. Anyhow, here's to hoping that a brand new car and a three year warranty might restore some of my faith in motoring.

I test drove the FR version of the Leon (very attractive interest-free credit at the moment) but given that my local roads are sh**e, the ride was too rough to bear.

Not sure if I'll be doing much beyond a few lighting upgrades to begin with, but after the warranty expires I can foresee a remap at least!

Hi, I'm Chris. Just bought a new SEAT Leon TDi after a disastrous episode with a Citroen C4 VTS Coupé 2.0 TDi. The phrase 'saw me coming' springs to mind, with a "mean time between failures" of 2000 miles over the 18,000 miles that I owned it. Anyhow, here's to hoping that a brand new car and a three year warranty might restore some of my faith in motoring.

I test drove the FR version of the Leon (very attractive interest-free credit at the moment) but given that my local roads are sh**e, the ride was too rough to bear.

Not sure if I'll be doing much beyond a few lighting upgrades to begin with, but after the warranty expires I can foresee a remap at least!

Hi mate,

Good cars the Leon FR's and many a good deal can be done, i like the Leon range to be honest, good solid cars with good engines, should be better than the french toilet, i mean Citroen!!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back