MOT and service time Together

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I hate it when things come together I have the MOT and Service to do this week and then I have the insurance and TAX to do at the end of the month. Looks like I'm going to be poor for a bit.

At least I'm not expecting any MOT issues this year.

How often do you change your bushes? Will they be an MOT failure if they are a bit noisy? They don't look perished.

I hate it when things come together I have the MOT and Service to do this week and then I have the insurance and TAX to do at the end of the month. Looks like I'm going to be poor for a bit.

At least I'm not expecting any MOT issues this year.

How often do you change your bushes? Will they be an MOT failure if they are a bit noisy? They don't look perished.

why dont you leave your service until next month if its going to leave you short ???

bushes are only a fail if you have excessive movement

yeah if the rubbers shot they will fail.
i wasnt that bad. insurance was up the end of June and tax was due end july ( was done online as soon as the letter dropped through so i didnt forget ).

Mine's due for MoT and service as well. Just done insurance (ouch, over 500 quid this year!), and tax end of July. Might have to sell the kids

Herb - Its actually is cheaper if I get the service done with the MOT there is an offer on at the garage plus I'm only without the car for one day rather than 2. I do put the money aside each month so I've sort of saved up its just that you notice it more when it is a big chunk all together.

Sounds like the rubbers will be ok then! Phew! I'll do that later on.

£500 seems steep HDI mines only a little over that. Is it the remap? Did you shop around?