Most boring car

2.0 SDi mk5 golf. It was just slow and non-descript. I actually struggle to say anything about it.

The 59 plate 1.2 Corsa I had as a courtesy car. Jesus.

08 plate 1.9TDI Audi A3 comes a close second though (sorry Wayne!). All I could think of was how it wallllllllllloooooooows about :lol:

My Corolla is pretty boring. Except if you were going up hill and the excitement of whethere you'd make it or not was exhilerating!

Some very high performance cars could well be described as being boring to drive. If it does everything so perfectly that the driver merely adopts the role of controlling passenger then that car might well be described a boring even though it's making progress at an unbelieveable speed.

Didn't know PSA did a 1.9 HDi.

The 1905cc diesels were the XUD series I think.

My mistake - it cam from a review that I read, where it was described as 1.9d/2.0 HDi.

I read HDi as being the engine for both capacities!

HDi: think mine was the same model, was a rental and had originally booked a Focus but as normal they screwed up and "upgraded" me to the Vectra. Just couldnt believe how poor it was - had hired a Mondeo TDCi the time before, this was so much better to drive

HDi: think mine was the same model, was a rental and had originally booked a Focus but as normal they screwed up and "upgraded" me to the Vectra. Just couldnt believe how poor it was - had hired a Mondeo TDCi the time before, this was so much better to drive

It seems your experience mirrors mine exactly because a year before the same rental company supplied me with a Mondeo 2.2 TDCi which was great.

The Vectra was so stodgy and slow I actually phoned Enterprise to check whether the car might have a fault. I was jsut told that they need to be revved!!!!

Not kidding - the words I would have used were 'thrashed and wrung out to the rev limiter in every gear'.

My dad's Ford CMax. Words cannot describe the lumpen joyless plasticy feeling you get when you push pedal to the metal... the pedal thumps against the floor at what seems half way down and it sounds like you've got Adrian Chiles in your exhaust. Boring and intollerable to listen to.

I drove an underpowered Sierra 1.6 the other day. Talk about slow! It was the most boring car i've ever driven in my life!