more pock from my 406 2.0 hdi 90

Malcpow

Car
406 2.0 hid 90
hi can anyone help i have just bought a 406 2.0 hdi 90 its a 1999 model, its replacing my 406 2.0 hdi 110 also a 1999 but due to rot its not getting a new m.o.t lol

can i just swap some bits to up the power?

any help or advice would be most helpfull

thanks malc

Hi and welcome

The stock answer to the question of more power from a turbo diesel engine is a professional remap. This will release around an extra 40% bhp and lbs/ft for around £250-300, the best £/bhp about.

Make sure, however, that you get one specific for your car and model, not a generic map from the internet. Celtic Tuning, for example, actuallly modify your existing map.

Thanks guys for the welcome

Thanks for the advice I may have to remap it after Xmas the difference between the 90 and 110 is very noticeable but it was a cheap car I could not turn down lol

Im going strip the 110 for spares I kind of hope I could just swap ecu's but I'm not even going to try unless someone says it's possible cos knowing my luck I'd have 2 cars that could not be used lol

Thanks turbonutter,
Think I'm going to have to go for a remap after the festive season as I'm really not liking having less power....
I live about 40 miles south of Edinburgh can anyone recommend a place to have it done??