Money1.Safety0.

jc denton

Track Warrior
Car
MR2
:cheesy:Caught driving without car tax? police report you to DVLA, DVLA send you a fine, you send them a letter, end of.

:cheesy:Caught driving without MOT? police report you to VOSA, VOSA send you a fine, you send them a letter, end of.

:blink:Caught driving without insurance? police take your car off you, you walk, you get a criminal record, you get fined & if you want your car back you have to buy insurance.

Is it just me or does this seem a little wrong? of these three legal obligations why is it that the only one which pertains to safety is only a civil offence & the one which pertains most to money & capitalization is a criminal offence...

Last edited by a moderator:
:cheesy:Caught driving without car tax? police report you to DVLA, DVLA send you a fine, you send them a letter, end of.

:cheesy:Caught driving without MOT? police report you to VOSA, VOSA send you a fine, you send them a letter, end of.

:blink:Caught driving without insurance? police take your car off you, you walk, you get a criminal record, you get fined & if you want your car back you have to buy insurance.

Is it just me or does this seem a little wrong? of these three legal obligations why is it that the only one which pertains to safety is only a civil offence & the one which pertains most to money & capitalization is a criminal offence...

Insurance will be nulled if your car is over three years old and does not have a current MoT certificate. It does seem a little wrong and the penalties applied seem a little out of kilter.

However, the insurer will have to fulfil your 3rd party liability even if you drive without road tax.

It seems unfair on the surface but the reason we all pay lots of money for insurance is because so many drivers choose to not bother with it.

Insurance underwriters lose money on car insurance year upon year. It's not new.

What do you suggest as an alternative?

Driving without insurance is unforgiveable. Should you injure someone you must be in a position to compensate that person for loss of quality of life, perhaps for the rest of that person's life.

If your caught without any of these the police can take your car off you.

Someone I know was in a motorbike accident ( someone pulled out in front of him & admitted liability ), still it took him six years to get any kind of compensation from his insurance. He eventually settled for 12,000 rather than let it drag on any longer.

BTW, he was kicked out of the army, couldn't practice taekwondo or aikido any more & needless to say he couldn't ride any more & still lives on pain killers - 6 years later.....Was it even worth him having insurance in the first place??????

No amount of money can make up for any injury or death on the road. But of the 3 biggie's: insurance, tax & MOT, why is insurance the most penalized? surely it should be MOT as it it the only one that pertains to safety.

Personaly I don't think it makes much difference, if someone is going to get killed or injured for life its gonna happen no matter what, but why penalize people for something that has only to do with money & nothing ells?

Last edited:
Or, if you didn't own a 90's Adult film star's car, then you would never get pulled! :blink:

LOL

Either way, if you have your licence and work, you will lose money hand over foot. On the other hand, if your a waste of space bum, with no licence, no job, no money and no prospects, and you committed ALL of your above statements, and DRUNK, stole a vehicle and crashed into the side wall of somones home while they were sleeping gets away SCOT FREE!!! :mad:

Enjoy

http://www.northern-scot.co.uk/Home/Woken-by-loud-bang-as-car-smashes-into-house-6202963.htm

People I know know him and he got nothing for this. Probation. Don't do it again. Slap on the wrist.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back