Mod wish lists

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What is on your Mod wish list? Do you think you will get all these mods done?

Here's mine.
KO4 turbo,
Uprated fuel pump,
Sports Catalyst
Sports exhaust
Suspension with "lift option" - for extra ground clearance.
RS4 or 6 pot brembo brake upgrades
Oil pressure/temp guage
Turbo Boost guage
Switchable remap

Hopefully I'll see 400bhp.

Will I do this? Probably not, as the main car I am TOLD to keep it reliable and will need to do a ton of convincing. Plus there is the small issue of cost? I am going to be skint for the next few years sadly!

Waynne, am I right in thinking the Porsche Cayenne brake callipers fit straight on?

For mine I think I'd like to fit the VQ37VHR engine & covert the car to rear wheel drive. Then I'd get a body kit & some larger wheels, this guys done the same mods & this is how his turned out, Clicky as you can see it's pretty cool. :D

That list is pretty comprehensive Waynne! It'll need a big win!

My list is not as exotic but nice all the same for what I need.

Roll cage.
Plumbed in extinguisher.
Cams.
Lighter alloys.
Lightened flywheel.
4 pot upgrade.

and if I am to be really greedy I wouldn't mind converting it to RWD and fitting a supercharged ZT260 lump.

Waynne, am I right in thinking the Porsche Cayenne brake callipers fit straight on?

For mine I think I'd like to fit the VQ37VHR engine & covert the car to rear wheel drive. Then I'd get a body kit & some larger wheels, this guys done the same mods & this is how his turned out, Clicky as you can see it's pretty cool. :D

Have I missed something Loz? That looks like a standard Z to me and not a ZS!

Have I missed something Loz? That looks like a standard Z to me and not a ZS!

No mate, that VQ37.....engine he was on about is the engine from a 370Z
the bodykit would be made to look like a 37.....hold on, wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy one ready made? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Will I do this? Probably not, as the main car I am TOLD to keep it reliable and will need to do a ton of convincing. Plus there is the small issue of cost? I am going to be skint for the next few years sadly!

Hate to point out the obvious here Waynne! I think you need to explain to the lovely lady, that you DO in fact run a performance and modified car website! therefore without you having any mods on your own car to speak off, this would be deemed to be a tad strange by those seeking help and advice; especially if you link the word 'reliable' to a question mark don't you think? :confused::)

I did that with my Rover 220 GTi, £6k later and two gearbox and 3 engines in plus the fact is was off the road evety 200 miles for repairs somewhat dented my reputation.

At least I got a nice powerful Quattro! It was a compromise I was prepared to make! The mods will I'm sure come slowly and surely when the finances return to good health.