Mk1 C5 Mods

F

fishgod

Has anyone tried to mod/tune a Mk1 Citroen C5 2.0L HPi? I have thought about adding induction kit, upgrading the spark plugs and wrapping the exhaust etc. Or am i wasting my time and just contiue to plod along with the old engine. I have managed to pick up a 2002 plate with only 28,000 miles and what seems a mint engine if a little slow on acceleration. Cheers for any input!

hey and belated welcome to the site mate.

wouldnt bother uprating the sparks unless they look worn same with the exhaust theres also the con of exhausts cracking when wrapped

panel filter, full exhaust inc sports cat, cams along with a remap should see a gain

I think I missed this post as well. Really sorry about that!

The C5's are really nice cars, a lot of people pretty much ignore them but the build quality is great and they have plenty of toys and really comfy seats!

I'd find out if you can remap it. I don't usually recommend remaps on NASP engines but I reckon that Citroen have tuned it for economy. I'm not sure what you power figure is but on a 2.0 you should be looking at around 170bhp. Using a sports catalyst/exhaust and sports panel air filter will help the cars breathing.

If fuel pressure boost valves work on this engine it will make the acceleration feel more snappy.