Milltek Resonated or Non-Resonated?

ChrisGTL

Wrench Pro
Car
Leon TDI
Going to spend some pennies on a new CAT back next week.

I currently run a 'mufflerectomy' on my TDI, which means a custom exhaust place cut the backbox out and replaced with a straight through pipe - sounds ok but it doesnt half drone at constant speeds (motorway)

Its enough of a pain to make me buy a Milltek, has anyone had any experiences of both resonated and non-resonated sytems on a TDI?

Views anyone?

Do you really get much performance benefit with the muffler removed? If you want to keep the noise down (I would want to do so) then go for the non-resonant box. There's little performance benefit of resonance tuned components in a turbocharged car as the turbocharger itself is very effective at damping the pressure pulses in the exhaust system anyway. Turbo's do obstruct exhaust systems, thus increaing back pressure - it's an unfortunate side effect of the way they work.

its the resonated box that muffles the sound HDi.

i think a lot of the diesel owners go for the non- res one to try and mask some of the lumpy nosiey idle that the pd engines make

OK, I thought resonance was the noise. Thanks for correcting me. PDs can be lumpy at idle, although the v6 ones are a bit better in that respect.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back