Manafold problems

02paynemi

Tuner
Car
A3 1.8t quattro T
Just bought a turbo manifold of eBay for my car (a3 Quattro 180) the problem is that the flange for the turbo is slightly to the left when looking from above, the standard one is slightly to the right. Anyone know why this is? And what I should do?

We see similar things with the ebay manifolds for the Jap cars. Most of them we can modify/correct.
The problem is that a lot of these manifolds are very poor quality, they look good and that's where it ends. They tend to crack after low mileage use and are generally rather crap. The + is that they tend to be cheap, the - is that they don't fit, don't work and don't last.
I can't comment on the quality of your item as i obviously haven't seen it, i'm just generalising from experience.

Errr, thought of sending it back and asking for one which fits or a full refund ?
Would you buy a pair of shoes that are too small and try to wear them ?

Its probably off a LHD version.
thats what i was going to say,

you see ebay parts alot of the times are for american cars,
were right hand drive, their left hand drive

you mighten think theres a difference with some parts, but there is
example,
im for ever trying to locate a digital tachometer for my prelude, i can get them from america, but it wont do as mine is right hand drive

my advice to you and anyone buying stuff for your car on ebay, is to make sure it will fit a right hand model car

In car items like dash related equipment etc is sided for L.H.D./R.H.D. etc, engines are normally the same. Companies build an engine in general for the world market. It is extremely rare for a company to re-design a complete block/head for a different continent.