Mad van with loads of speakers installed

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Whereas most owners are content with 4 speakers some like a few more. This van owner has managed to mount 19 speakers …………. in each door and more every where else!*Even standard cars are coming equipped with 8 and 9 speaker installs. It would seem that the more speakers you have the better the sound [...]
More...

What do you think of this then? Is this your thing?

that would probably sound pretty good, IF the speakers, cables and amps are of good quality. not a bad effort but a bit overkill imo,
i would be happy with a small bass driver, a decent size mid and tweeter/supertweeter in each door.

I think the guy that built that van is an Audio installer and this is a showcase for him. It did sound quite impressive. There were loads of amps installed to run all of that.

this would be the work of old skool ledgend ice man ian pinder. this car is extreme fun. well for me it is as im a bass head.
you will find him and the build thread of the van on

http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/index.php

for example
http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?t=263579&highlight=ian+pinder

does any one remember dry street cruise from years ago. my mate run that (lee beadle). heres an old vid with ian in it

http://www.mischief-inc.co.uk/view_...39aa24be94b319d2&page=3&viewtype=&category=mr

Last edited:
Whereas most owners are content with 4 speakers some like a few more. This van owner has managed to mount 19 speakers …………. in each door and more every where else!*Even standard cars are coming equipped with 8 and 9 speaker installs. It would seem that the more speakers you have the better the sound [...]
More...

What do you think of this then? Is this your thing?

its not the case of more speakers better it sounds.

more speakers = louder
you can have loads of crap speakers and it will still sound crap

the key to good installs is more about how it is setup.
angles of speakers
speakers being powerd rite
speakers bieng set up rite
rite size boxes etc

theres loads to take into consideration in terms of a good setup.....

ICE is certainly an art! I think the Carstylingtips guy covers himself with the "It would SEEM" bit.

Lots of rubbish speakers - loud rubbish sound. Thanks for the build link. He has done an amazing job here.

too many speakers ruin the sound as they react to each other. Obvious reeally as it's all about moving air. Best setup would comprise of 1 set of speakers, maybe rear fill in the back but not necessary.

as tonkatoy said, angles etc matter. The art is that when you sit in the drivers seat and close your eyes (While not driving I add !!) you can pick out each member of a band in ther position the artist intended them to be. Each instrument of the song should be clear and not distorted by another instrument.

In a home this is easily possible with a decent system, but in a car it's more complicated and so we generally compromise.

The only benefit of multiple speakers is volume. This is ok for competition but you actually want to sit in the car and listen to it then it's a bit overkill !!

However, competition wise, I once sat in the earthquake van and it resricted my breathing !!!!!!!!