M5 Horror crash

It is indeed a complete shock. My deepest sympathies go out to all those involved in this crash, as well as the brave emergency services who put their lives on the line to help others.

Our roads are incredibly safe but something like this just reinforces how important it is to develop good driving skills. (Even then I doubt the accident would have been avoided, but why were people going so fast when visibility was so poor? Perhaps they did hit a sudden and dense patch of fog or smoke and there was little they could do about it.

It will be of interest to me to see the causes and contributing factors of this crash, if only to learn by it myself.

Too fast, too close. It's always the way. People sit in their modern cocoons, completely divorced from what's going on outside the vehicle. So you get these horrendous pileups. Its awful but inevitable.

It is indeed a complete shock. My deepest sympathies go out to all those involved in this crash, as well as the brave emergency services who put their lives on the line to help others.

And a mention to the brave hero's (who were not involved in the crash, just normal civi's who stopped to help) who risked there lives to save the trapped.

Still can't believe that so much carnage happened so quickly! My thoughts go out to the victims and there family's :sad2:

It's a horrible way to go trap like that in a fire, I feel so sorry for those poor people & their family's.

I seem to remember as a kid motorway pile ups were a common event on the news, it just goes to shows how much safer cars are these days.