Just saying hi :)

dannemare

Wrench Pro
Car
Focus RS mkII
Hi

I've just signed up on this forum. Discovered the forum via a Google search on "flywheel lightening" which lead to me to this article. Browsed through some of the other well-written articles as well and thus decided to join the forum.

I live in Sweden with my wife and two small kids. We are actually from Denmark but moved to Sweden only 5 years ago. Both of us still work in Denmark (Copenhagen), however, and as such we cross the border every day to and from work. Nice stretch of motorway 90% of the way so it's a painless commute of only 35-45 minutes each way.

I have a 2010 Ford Focus RS mkII which I've written a bit about here: http://www.torquecars.com/forums/f90/focus-owners-say-hello-2280/index2.html#post185940

I'm already a forum member on two dedicated Focus RS forums but when discussions go beyond basic tuning, there is often far between quality input from other forum members (and most of the forum sponsoring RS tuners have generally little time to participate in tech debates, unfortunately), so I'm hoping for a little technical feedback on here now and then if something comes up. ;)

B/R,
Frederik Dannemare

May I as the site admin wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars. It is really nice to meet you and I hope you'll be spending some time with us over the months to come.
You'll find us one of the friendliest and most helpful car tuning forums around.

What plans do you have for your car? I'm sure we can give you lots of ideas and suggestions if you need any.

Do feel free to chip in on our other topics and discussions, we are all here to share our passion for cars. Being friendly and helpful is a forum rule here and I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

What plans do you have for your car?

Future plans include:

2011: BC Racing BR coilovers (already have them; needs fitting), Sitech inlet plenum & fuel pump. Inlet+pump provides an additional 15-20 bhp together with my current setup.

2012: Brakes + engine internals. I don't have all the details from my tuner yet, but at least pistons and con rods.

2013: Turbo and injectors + remap to suit. My aim is 480 bhp.

Will also have to buy a beefier clutch at some point...

Welcome to TorqueCars :bigsmile:

That's some target you have in your sights! I dream of such figures!

True, but I'm already at 400 bhp (the "easy" and fairly cheap tuning, so to say) and I can still play it safe with stock internals even with an additional 40 bhp. However, going above that point is gonna cost quite a bit which is also why I'm dividing the costs across a couple of years. :bigsmile: Love the car. Gonna keep it for many years (unless it blows up, of course :p).

Still a very healthy figure to play around with. My engine in the MG is very poor when it comes to tuning to high levels of bhp. It is achievable but we are talking BTCC budgets here! I'm happy with it as it is, puts a smile on my face and can shock a few hotter cars on the roads. Plus it still maintains a very good mpg rating so can be used daily.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back