just joined

zed head

Wrench Pro
Car
black 1989 300zx tt
hi from australia its good to be part of this forum. hope to get alot of knowledge on all things cars, and other discussions on this forum. hope to learn alot, and give what ever i have learned as well.

i drive a black 1989 300zx twin turbo j spec targa. owned for 3 years and love this car, as many on this forum love there ride. cheers zed head.:bigsmile::love:

Hello there zed head and welcome to TorqueCars, it is really nice to have you along and I'm sure you'll learn lots about car, driving and enjoy a good whinge on here.

What mods have you done to the car? The 300zx looks stunning in black. You'll have to post us up some pictures.

thanks waynne

thanks for the welcome and interest waynne. modes so far. larger side mount intercoolers, racing under drive pulley,air intake sport oil sponge filter, two garret t2560r high flow ball bearing turbo up grade, high flow turbo manifolds,plus ecu chip upgrade.turbo manual boost control running 16psi to 18psi boost. run redline oil in the engine not cheap but the best in my humble opinion. cheers zed head.:):bigsmile:

Hi and welcome from me. Love those ZX's great value performane car at the moment, they can only appreciate in value too. I bet those turbo's sound great at full boost, I know mine did when I had it turned up to 18psi, had to replace a load of plastic connectors in the pipe work though for brass ones so that they didn't explode:D

Changed any bodywork? Lets see some pics when upto 10 posts:amuse:

Andy

hi aerial andy thanks for your interest and welcome. re question body mods. have not done anything to the car except for larger rims.

i am running goodyear eagle f1 tyres 225 50zr 16s at the moment, i am not big on body modes. the japanese did a good job designing the car in the first place.

i am not against body mods for others, it is not something i plan to do in the future on the zed. its great just the way it is. cheers zedhead.:bigsmile::love::love:

hi bad63r thanks for your interest. my zed is a 2x2 not the two seater, and is known as a fairlady. cheers zedhead. ps the 2x2 has a longer wheelbase. and handles and corners better than the 2 seater. with out suspension mods.:)

hi aerial andy thanks for your interest and welcome. re question body mods. have not done anything to the car except for larger rims.

i am running goodyear eagle f1 tyres 225 50zr 16s at the moment, i am not big on body modes. the japanese did a good job designing the car in the first place.

i am not against body mods for others, it is not something i plan to do in the future on the zed. its great just the way it is. cheers zedhead.:bigsmile::love::love:

That's what I like to here. I'm with you, I kept my car fairly standard aswell on the outside but it's what's underneath the bodywork that interesting. Do you ever get tired of seeing peoples faces when you pull away from them in a 20 year old car and there heavy modern car is out of breath at 60mph:bigsmile: Love to see some pics soon mate.

Andy

Itneresting. Do your turbos spool up in parrallel or one after the other? Are you running a boost controller.

just thought i would post up a little about my back ground as most of you are from the uk.

i was born in australia. my wife is from the isle of wight, my farther in law was from liverpool, my dad was a londoner, my mother was born in heart hill in glasgow scotland.

i also have a brother and sister in law on the isle of wight and he ownes the madina gaurage with his son in law. maybe some of you know it.

my wife is going to visit them around september this year. well enough about my back ground dont want to bore you to much with over information.cheers zed head:):bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

hi waynne how is your day, great i hope in sunny uk. :lol: i met my wife in australia, not long after her mum and dad moved out from the isle of wight. thanks for asking. cheers zed head.:):):):)

My day is just starting. I had a bit of a late night so I've only just got up (10:00 local time!)

Weather is um a bit grey really! Can you send us over some sun?

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back