just joined up

kemo

Torque Junkie
Car
Ford Sierra 2000E
Hi i have just joined and so far i like what i see. i drive a fiat marea 2.0 20 valve which is a nice and fast car for a 4 door saloon. but i am sure i can get a lot more out of it. so just a big hi to everyone
thanks kemo ( Dave)

HI Kemo, Welcome to torquecars. I Don't think we've got many Fiat owners out there yet. Be sure to leave a hi in the FIAT section and I'm sure you'll meet lots of other Fiat owners.

2.0 Engines have more tuning 'scope' than smaller engines. You really need to decide what you are aiming at :- ECONOMY, BHP, TORQUE Top end Power or LOW end power then tune for that.

hi

thanks waynne i will be looking at tuning for a bit more from the bottom end but also from the top. tuning parts are hard to find for the marea. i have done exhaust already had to make it up myself as they are not avalible just lost the cat and put a 3.5 janspeed back box on has made a big differance pipe is already 2.5 from the manifold back. just got to find a place where i can get parts for it

It's quite satisfying when you fabricate your own parts and they work well. Losing the cat probably gave you 5-7 bhp? Does it feel faster now?

losing the cat has made it a lot quicker and better on fuel . it is a lot more responsive and has a lot more drivability. it was a fairly quick motor to start of with but the exhaust let it down a lot as the intake and out take on the back box where on the same side of the box and the outlet used to swing over the box so it held back the pressure to much but now it has been decatted and another back box it now does 95mph in third and i have took it up to 152mph at 6.5rpm red lines at 8000. thinking about a chip now. :lol:

Sweet. Are you looking at changing the Wheels? What stud pattern is your car? :idea: If you've not done the airfilter I would recommend a panel air filter rather than an induction kit.

Do you use any fuel additives and what spec oil are you using?

So many questions - sorry we are all learning! :!:

i am running on standard alloys but gone from 195/55/15 to 195/50/15 i use kendal semi sinthecic oil which is an american oil best on the market i have found i done a oil an filter change after 7500 mile and oil was still clean. the engine is the same as they use in the coop minus the turbo but it is still quick 0/60 in about 5to 6 secs satistics say that 85% of marea drivers have speeding tickets but not me yet lol. i am working on a body kit at the moment modding a xjs kit to fit spoiler look good but had to mod quite a bit to make it fit. gonna fit a presure valve and do away with air con as that take a lot of bhp to run. done that to me chevy camaro and it knocked about 2 secs of 1/4 mile.

Hmm Lower profile tyres - does this mean your speedo is wrong? I guess syou'll need an excuse when the enforcers catch up with you! Lower profile tyres would also alter your effective findal drive ratio as the tyres are just another gear between the Road and the driveshaft.

I wonder - does this mean faster 0-60 and lower top end speed? Could the next speed mod actually be smaller alloy wheels :shock: . I must get my calculator out and play around with this theory! Anyone offer any ideas on this. :?:

Hi Kemo - you got any pictures of your ride? I am really impressed you've gone out on a limb and make your own parts - that's what tuning should be about. Look forward to seeing the XJS bodykit.

after putting on tyres had me mate drive along side me he was doing 70 and i was reading 73 so the differeance is not that bad it does make a bit of a differance on take off but i have not noticed any differance on top end i already have a k&n panel filter fitted and i have lagged the manifold and have modded the cold air intake so it gets more air as the factory fit air intake has a restrictor pipe so now it is 2 1/2 in all the way and sits in my grill instead of under the bonnet . hopefully i will be fitting the bodykit in a couple of weeks so will post up some pics. these cars are very under rated for what they are they look like an ordinary 4 door saloon until you pit your boot down and your gone . me mate hates it as he has a rs turbo and i leave him standing standard it pushes out 155bhp but i dont know what it is at the moment proberly about the 160 mark

Re: Smaller wheels and tyres as a torque mod

Hey guys, a long time ago, I built up a tidy HK holden. I dropped a balanced 192, good heads w/4 barrel carby elec ignition etc. Anyhoo, it went quite hard. I used to run 60 profile TA's on it. I then had the car lowered and ran 50 series tyres on it - The difference was enormous.

All of a sudden it was a bullet. Granted the speedo was out (in favor of travelling under the speed limit!), but man - it was like the motor had hit form. Recommended. ...ahhh - the memories of burn outs. ;)

Just a FYI - there is now a gellery section - I'm working on an image upload page where you can upload to our server and it will compress the images for you. I'll let you know when this is up.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back