Ive joined waynne's club

pgarner

TC ModFather
Car
Octy smoke machine
Welll ive joined waynne front end hit club :mad:

went out to go to work last night and found a sticker on the windscreen with a registration business name and contact number.

with it being dark the mag-lite made it look really bad, however looked slightly better in the daylight.

3005069123_6194213cc3.jpg

Front nearside wing bashed in bumper with a lot of deep scrapes and rub strip was hanging off.
Nice fun day going round a couple of body shops getting quotes and the details from the manager of the company that hit me.
Now gotta wait on the insurance companies getting in touch with a local body shop that ive never even heard off to do the work.

Im seriously thinking of getting rid of this car as it was only a couple of months ago i got shunted, lucky there was no damage to my car the other car took the full brunt.

Not going to be a nice month going by it so far :blink:

Bad luck. Needs a bumper and a wing. Not good. What car will you get next? A Landrover SWB?

yeah the body shop that he father uses alot had a look at it 1st.

If the were willing to do it without going through the insurance it was :

wing pulled and cleared up along with a respray ( ive seen the work he done to the wifes wing and it was a lot worse than that and looked perfect with no filler etc)
Bumper sanded down and plasic filled back to shape and sparyed
also was going to fix a couple of scuffs for me

going through the insurance was
New bumper
New wing
Both sprayed and ajoining panels dusted to blend

shame it loos like its having to go to a garage ive never heard of

Oh dear :( It's nice that the person owned up to it at least & left their details I suppose. I think a nice 6x6 130 with a bumper made from Bullhead rail will make people think twice before driving into you, parking could be an issue though :toung:

they did give me the option of using another garage however i would have to pay my excess. this way all costs are covered by he 3rd partys insurance without me having to pay out and reclaim it back.
As long as they do i good job im happy.

yeah the manager of the firm said he had phoned as he didnt know what to do.

left note on the windscreen and informed the police as well, it did make a nice change compared to theose who do just drive off

At least they left you some details...I've had my rear bumper hit twice but no details were left! Really p***** me off when people do that! Cost me £80 each time...I know a guy!

I've had two claim no blame incidents, one in 1999 the other on 2005. Thankfully my insurer (Privilege) was very good about getting it fixed and didn't load up my premium.

I'm still with Priv - I find their service to be second to NONE, they really do go oout of their way to help you as much as possible in my experience.

All insurers have their own favourite driver profile I suppose.

I used to use Endsleigh until about 1995 whereupon I turned 25 yrs of age and my premiums went UP !!!!! Despite a claim free history with them for 7 years.

Really bad luck there dude. You have my commiserations, I know how it feels and you start to dislike your car after something like this. At least you got their details so you can get a "free" repair done. Look on the bright side, the car will come back from repair with a full valet.

I've still not got mine sorted. I'm actually thinking of S3 arches and front bumper but still wavering about this.

yeah there is that.
trying to get through to the "appoved repairer" just now to get the car looked at.
also getting a courtesy car of similar size and spec so lets see what they turn up with.

the s3 arches and bumper sound like a plan then itll be ready for your BT conversion.