I'v done it again

3 times
eek.gif

do i take it you swap regularly between petrol and diesel vehicles???

I just pumped 2 gallons out of it, then filled it up with diesel, it doesn't like to start if you leave it an hour, but once it's cold its fine. Another top up tomorrow and it'll be fine.

You'll get away with it in the XUD engines. Don't however, put petrol in an HDi model. The fuel pressures are so high (circa 1300 bar at peak!) that it'll wreck the pump immediately due to the low lubricity of petrol.

Just dont put diesel into a petrol engine.

Even worse!
not that bad, lets say you put 10 quid of deisel in, if you top it up to the brim with petrol, it will be ok

ive made the mistake of it before with the civic type r, it was fine though

not that bad, lets say you put 10 quid of deisel in, if you top it up to the brim with petrol, it will be ok

ive made the mistake of it before with the civic type r, it was fine though

Unless you day-dream like me when filling, 55ltrs of the wrong fuel......eek. :blink:

Unless you day-dream like me when filling, 55ltrs of the wrong fuel......eek. :blink:
i dont day dream, i fantacise lol,
yeah, a full brim of wrong juice is bad, but if its diluted, more the proper fuel, its ok, in a petrol anyway

ive heard storys of people putting a 5ers worth of deisel into a petrol car and then putting 30 petrol on top before going to the nct, it cleans the engine so that theres no bad co2 emmisions when it gets tested

personally i wouldnt try it, but because it happened me before, i kind of believe them in a sense

10% diesel in a petrol car shouldn't be a problem. The fuel pressures in petrols are very low so the extra viscosity of the diesel won't hurt. Might smoke a little bit though.

Petrol in a PD or HDi or CRD or any other ultra high pressure diesel will cause huge problems.

Just run the tank to nearly empty and let the other half use it? Problem solved!

Maybe if you made the engine rattle like a tractor you would remember it is a diesel :lol:

I did it once in my C4 HDi 2.0l - put about 20% top up of petrol in it and didn't notice anything untoward till I'd gone about 70 miles. It went into limp home mode - dealer cleared it all out (that hurt) and fitted new fuel filter. Was OK ever after, so I guess I was lucky despite the dire predictions from the " you'll wreck a common rail" fraternity. When I went back to the garage I kind of found out why I did it. I usually bought at my local Tescos, but this time it was at my local Shell station. Guess what? Despite the right colour hoses, all the guns were black.

You see a lot of vans on the road these days which are companies specifically for pumping fuel out of car tanks... now I know how they stay in business :lol: