intercooler question

tomsa3

Tuner
Car
a3 1.8T
front mount intercoolers cool the air into the engine yes sooo will i need to cut my front bumper etc or can i hide it behind and will it make much difference with a remap and decat system i kn ow sport cats r the way to go but ive given it thought and decat is for me :D

i think on the A3 you can get away without much cutting , although i think youd still need to cut a little for the pipework.

what engine have you got ? with the later ones AUM onwards you should be looking around 225-240 with most stage 2 maps

Talk to Audi. Ask them how the air circulates around the inside of the bumper. As what was said, you may get away with it. Just dont mount it too low or you will pick up crap off the road, and in snow conditions, could rip it off :amazed:. If you have to cut a bit out, do it.

i got the earlier model the agu model with the lower turbo :( dun wanna do much cuttin as i want to keep it as sleeper as possible lol audi willin to tell u about ariflow behind the bumper then ....? wuda thought they may think ur wastin there time lol

They should. I know a garage I use that spetialise in Evo's that know or could find out the airflow behind all standard bumbers. They should also know under the bonet too, as they will try and place the cone into the best possible posision to gather air. They advised me not to put a cone on my 8, but to just cut a small section out of the air box, as it will have a better efect. There is verry little airflow under the bonnet of the 8. So that is what I have done! With a pannel HKS filter.

i wouldnt bother with a FMIC at the minute then. its nice and cold at the minute so your SMIC will be nice and cold anyway.
as its the AGU look towards the K03s turbo and getting it mapped, should take you to around 210.

i doubt most audi engineers in the dealers would know about the airflow anyway.

do forge make one for the A3? they should as they make one for every other model with the 1.8t. they require minimal cutting and include a modified crash bar as well. they also generally show the best temp drops. downside is they are ££££