in new

roverdriteup

Car
rover620ti&216coupe
hi people im new so i thought i would say hello but i do have a question iv got a rover 600 turbo and iv just bought a rover 216 coupe and i wanted to put the engine from the 600 to the 216 can it be done cheers

Welcome to the forum mate. Not too sure about the engine conversion...personally I don't see why not! But I'm not too good on the performance part of modding cars! But I'm sure one of the others will be along soon to advise you. I'm assuming you haven't done any mods yet...because you said you've just bought it, but what mods have you got planned?

Hi Roverdriteup and welcome to TorqueCars. The 620 engine will go in a 200 body but you will need to get some engine mounts from a 220. The clutch is (if I remember correctly) hydraulic in the 600 but in the 200 it is a cable job so you might want to see if you can use the 620 gearbox in the 200. You will obviously need to swap out the ECU and replace all engine sensors with those from the 620. The Tomcat engine can be tweaked to make even more power by bending the wastegate actuator arm (don't go too mad though!) MotoBuild are worth talking to - they have a good amount of experience of all things Rover.

It is safest to change the whole loom. I've lost count of the number of people who gave up trying to make a custom loom from the original car.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back