improving triumph TR-6

kyproset

Car
1976 triumph tr-6
Hi there, I'm just a new member that registered 5 min. ago.
I have recently bought a triumph TR-6 from the states and I want to improve the performance without selling my last shirt for it.
Please anyone advise me on the mods I'm planning to carry out, which are the following.
Increase CR from 7.5:1 to 9.5:1 (98 to 100 octane fuel available)
Port head to the valve size and match.
Do away with the smog equipment.
Balance crank, con-rods, pistons and balance lighten flywheel.
Put tripple 40DCOE's webbers.
Fast road cam with more duration.

What I want is a faster car with a lot more torque with as much as possible a flat torque curve.
Could anyone please advise me if I'm doing something wrong here and also if I can improve my mods.
Thank's. Any advise will be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to TorqueCars. Is this going to be a track car?

The only things I would say are don't go mad with the cam profile and get the head properly flowed and ported rather than just doing the head.

The balance will allow higher rpm and greater peak power plus it will enhance reliability.

Why did you choose triple Webbers? I would have thought twin 40's would be better suited to the engine? Triples can be a pig to setup properly, twins can still be a pain.

How are you increasing the compression ratio?

Thank you m8 for the response. the car is going to be used for fast road. not on the track.
I chose tripple webbers instead of two, because its more efficient to use a choke per combustion chamber. Adjusting the carbs, is no problem since i am proficient with carbs.
For the cam i agree with you it should not have excessive duration. I am thinking 285 at the most which most stage 2 cams come with.

please tell me whether you agree on this one.
The head i will port myself since i have ported other ones with success. i know it will not be perfect but it will work.
To increase the CR i will have the head skimmed by a machine shop.

Last edited: