Imports

steve1985

Tuner
Car
Swift 1.5 2008
Does anyone have a import or is thinking about getting one?
How do you rate them?

I a 2008 Suzuki Swift 1.5 automatic and or though I'v spent a bit of money doing it up and I love it.
The car doesn't have the power Im after.
What i really want is a Swift Sport auto but we don't do the Sport auto here. I know i can get one from Japan. It's also cheaper to buy in Japan even if you add on the shipping costs.

The Sport auto in Japan comes with all the normal sport extras but you also get 5drs instead of 3, Climate Control and Sat-Nav

The down sides are: It's in kilometres, but Im sure you can get that converted..

Steve

have you rememberd that you would most likely have to add vat on once its in the UK onto of shipping ?
easy enough to change from km to miles chances are itll just be a setting on the ECU.
mines shows on the dash as miles but its km when you read the ECU.
whats the difference between what you have and the sport ? i thought it was only avalible in 1.3 and 1.6 here

get it from your dealer then for that

never got one from japan but looked into one from the states and you are looking at easy 3-6k on top of the car for shipping and charges

but for me if i was going to go to the hassel of all that i would get something a bit faster then that