I too have been busy

stamford

Pro Tuner
Car
MG ZS200
I'm still here for those that might have wondered 'where's stamford?' :cheesy: I have been busy working on the zed getting a few things ready for the forthcoming trackday season! Also had another promotion at work so my time is taken up and when I do get time to surf I am too brain dead to log on! I've been given the sole responsibility of running the machine build projects. Plus my ZS website is getting busier and that takes up most of my spare time.

I'm still here for those that might have wondered 'where's stamford?' :cheesy: I have been busy working on the zed getting a few things ready for the forthcoming trackday season! Also had another promotion at work so my time is taken up and when I do get time to surf I am too brain dead to log on! I've been given the sole responsibility of running the machine build projects. Plus my ZS website is getting busier and that takes up most of my spare time.

hello there stamford.
is you daughter getting into racing and how are the preparements going?

The daughter going racing has gone quiet after she realised the money was not coming from me! I said she will have to part fund it if she was serious. Not dead yet!

The MG is just going through the normal routine, nothing too drastic or silly as I still need to drive it to work everyday, 350 miles a week. So stripping it out is a no-no. Cobra bucket seat in place, Sabelt harness to be ordered soon, was after the right one, blue, snap in fixings and quick release buckle for the rear straps, makes it easier to allow rear seat access as I shall be leaving the inertia seatbelt in position. Waiting on my lowering springs to be available.

Just MOT'd it again, 4th one in a row without any issues. Need to buy two more Toyo T1R's at the end of the month as the other tyres are getting close. Decat was fitted a while back and sailed through the MOT, well pleased with that. Let's hope I pass the noise test on the 19th!

are bucket seats more comfortable?

Lol, well depends on the car and the person ;)

At my age I would say yes they are comfortable when in them, but I would also admit to saying the art of getting into and out of leave a little to be desired! :embarrest:

The standard ZS seats are pretty good for everyday but when on track you need to be snug and in complete control. No good corning hard and using your body to push against the door/console and steering wheel in order to not slide of the seat!

i thought you had been working away im sure i read on another post you where going abroad ????

Bucket seats are probably nothing if not essential on a track. I can imagine that the cornering forces which we call all cope with on the occasional fast road bend become very tiresome if you have to use all the other muscles in your body to remain in place throughout the duration of a race.

i thought you had been working away im sure i read on another post you where going abroad ????

No, not been abroad this year, things have slowed up, but I could easily go somewhere given half the chance ;)

I have had a few engineers away this year working on my projects, I obviously did not request to go to Kazakhstan or Southern Italy as it has been bloody freezing! I'm waiting for the warmer weather ;)

One guy has been to Indonesia, but not that great a place, steel works are always in the back of beyond.

No, not been abroad this year, things have slowed up, but I could easily go somewhere given half the chance ;)

I have had a few engineers away this year working on my projects, I obviously did not request to go to Kazakhstan or Southern Italy as it has been bloody freezing! I'm waiting for the warmer weather ;)

One guy has been to Indonesia, but not that great a place, steel works are always in the back of beyond.

you're going abroad for fun or work?
if you go for fun, it'll be nice to have you here in macedonia, be my guest.

Good to haer from you Stamford. Hopefully we'll get to meet up sometime this year. Which shows are you doing?

you're going abroad for fun or work?
if you go for fun, it'll be nice to have you here in macedonia, be my guest.

Abroad for work I'm afraid, for fun would be nice if I could afford the expense. This year will be spent in blighty considering the exchange rate hammering we are seeing.

Thanks for the offer buddy, very nice of you :D

Good to haer from you Stamford. Hopefully we'll get to meet up sometime this year. Which shows are you doing?

Yes, I will have to come along, will need to check out what's on first.

I'll be at Brands Hatch on the 19th March, doing an evening session at 17:10 onwards, they'll be a few ZS owners there, then a light beverage after at a local establishment ;)

You are more than welcome to pop along and watch and have a chat.