i think i ask too many q's but here's another :D

TITAN

Tuner
Car
Honda Civic EG
my civic doesn't have a revometer in it and im all up for boyracer car looks but i really don't like the look of having any dials mounted on the side so i wanted to know if it were possible to go to a breaker's yard and take out the whole unit from a civic vti or something which is bound to have one and replace it with my own. if not i was thinking of removing the oil temp gauge on the left and buying a revometer dial and sticking it in place of that

any thoughts? or am i going to have to admit defeat and install a mounted dial

Last edited:
You could always mount a tachometer in one of the air vents. I would have thought that a Civic Speedo cluster will fit into any other Civic of the same year. It is the wiring that worries me though. You will also need to get the mileage reading sorted.

Another option would be to mount the dials up the winscreen piller - this can look quite good if you have a good housing for them. I would also add oil temp and pressure and volts/amps if you go this route.

i really didnt want to mount dials on the windscreen pillar tho, i like your idea tho of mounting it somewhere like in the air vent tho thats quite clever, if i got a unit from another civic wouldnt all the wiring be the same except for the revometer

the dial clusters have a multi-plug on the back, you can probably drop another cluster in no problem and just plug'n'play as the loom is probably standard for all models, just with some things disconnected, the revcounter will no doubt take a feed from either the coil or the ECU ? If its from the coil you may have an unconnected wire near by it ?

thanks unityjon, i'm really happy now though as i was watching a vid on youtube of a honda civic 1.3 (the same as mine) showing the revs it can produce and it had a rev counter in the dash and i thought hang on a second! i looked at the comments and saw i wasn't alone in thinking 1.3's didnt have a rev counter and the guy has posted that he dropped in the unit from a 1.5 and was easy to do. i'll b gettin down to my local breakers soon then