I have an idea.

1Shot

Car
2000 Mustang 3.8 V6
I have an idea. All my projects start out this way. Either I buy a car and an idea for that car jumps into my head or I have the idea first and I hunt down the appropriate car.

Right now I am in the middle of several ideas.
However the reason I joined this forum is the V6 3.8 litre Ford 2000 Mustang I picked up for almost free.
I finally decided what I am going to do to it.

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!

Good to have you along with us :)

Well, it would certainly be unusual and there would be plenty of room to fit a couple of turbos. It would also be lighter. The downside would be, IMO, reduced resale value unless power was a lot more than with a V8 fitted. If power ends up less than with a V8, what is your reason for doing it?

My work truck is a Ford 2013 V6 ecoboost twin turbo doing about 365 HP according to Ford. I have done almost 70,000 km on it now and I am impressed with the fuel consumption and the performance/power. I have towed the max GVW and still am impressed with its quick response,and lack of turbo lag.

I think since Ford has shown me how to do it, I will replicate / adjust the idea. I am now on full hunt for a turbo kit or a wrecked truck to duplicate.

Also, since this is not a for profit project, the uniqueness of the project is more important. I am thinking a 1/4 mile car - but SURPRISE! a v6 not a 5.0
:bigsmile:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back